Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re dodgy Landlord

Options
  • 01-09-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,
    Myself and 2 friends moved in to a new place a couple of months ago on the basis that the landlord would fix certain things within the week. We gave him a list and he said he would have it done.
    However nearly three months later and nothing has been done, we've txt and called him numerous times, but to no avail, and the house is getting worse...i.e leaks have developed and caused really bad mould and the floor has started to sag...
    Has anyone got any advice as to whether we can get our deposit back, it's a fixed term lease..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Write a letter to him, giving him a reasonable period of time to correct the problems, warning him that if they aren't rectified, you will be moving out and making a compaint to the PRTB and the housing department in the local council. Include a copy of the list and a list of the times you have contacted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

The problem is we haven't got an address for him, the address on the lease is that of an agency, should we write to them?
    What would you define as a reasonable amount of time, we have already been waiting for months...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It might be specified in the Residential Tenancies Act. take a look at www.prtb.ie I imagine 14 days.

Write two near-identical letters - one to the agency and one to the landlord.

Advertisement