Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 4 + 1 FTA

Options
  • 01-09-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Channel 4 +1 now Fta according to KingofSat.
    12480 27500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

christo82 wrote: »
    Channel 4 +1 now Fta according to KingofSat.
    12480, 27500, V, 2/3
    coming in loud and clear here. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Just done a scan there and indeed it is. :)

The NI version appears to be encryped still, just like Channel 4.

Coming in grand here too. Funny how it's in the clear on Astra 2A. If this isn't an error it'll probably move soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Thanks OP. Anyone know if BBC 2+1 Itv1+1 etc will ever be FTA?

jvc wrote: »
    didn't know such channels existed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

norbert64 wrote: »
    didn't know such channels existed?

They don't.

That answers that so! Nevermind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Or, how about- RTE1+5-10mins? No, hang on a sec, I already have it under the name RTE1....:p

muincav wrote: »
    Or, how about- RTE1+5-10mins? No, hang on a sec, I already have it under the name RTE1....:p

I think my channels would be a bit more useful than that one is :D

I think my channels would be a bit more useful than that one is :D

Totally agree jvc....in fact if RTE had been taken of the air years ago, I probably wouldnt have noticed, only for the RIGGED Lotto draw....
    (2 millionaire tickets to be drawn at Rose of Tralee and guess what? one of them was from Tralee...what a shockkkkkk..):P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dgently

the RIGGED Lotto draw....
    (2 millionaire tickets to be drawn at Rose of Tralee and guess what? one of them was from Tralee...what a shockkkkkk..):P

Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

RTE will be bringing out 4 new channels RTE 3 (playing reruns & archived stuff mostly) and RTE 1 +1 & Dail TV and an RTE Movie Channel

personally i'd like to see them scrap boring dail tv and do RTE SPORTS as a new channel instead

dgently wrote: »
    Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

you couldnt handle my Newsletter...hee, hee, hee..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

RTE will be bringing out 4 new channels RTE 3 (playing reruns & archived stuff mostly)

I thought their existing channels already carried loads of re-runs and archived stuff, especially during the summer months. So presumably RTE 3 will show reruns of reruns!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

RTE will be bringing out 4 new channels RTE 3 (playing reruns & archived stuff mostly) and RTE 1 +1 & Dail TV and an RTE Movie Channel

personally i'd like to see them scrap boring dail tv and do RTE SPORTS as a new channel instead
    Is that a fact? And you have proof of this.... where?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,522 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Paddy C wrote: »
    Is that a fact? And you have proof of this.... where?

An Irish Film Channel and Houses of the Oireachtas Channel will be part of RTEs multiplex and will be legislated for in the new Broadcasting Bill.

RTÉ 3, RTÉ 1+ are mentioned in this siliconrepublic.com article
    ... and four new free-to-air channels will be part of this: RTÉ 3, RTÉ 1+, Dáil TV and a film channel, as well as a digital teletext service.
    and from the Irish Times
    RTÉ will develop the national digital terrestrial television service, which will eventually broadcast up to eight channels on a free-to-air basis. These will be the four existing free-to-air channels - RTÉ 1, RTÉ 2, TV3 and TG4 - and four new channels.

The new channels will be Dáil TV and an Irish film channel, both backed by the Government, and two new RTÉ channels: RTÉ 3, which will show archive material, and RTÉ 1+1, which will broadcast RTÉ's schedule on a time delay of one hour. A spokesman for RTÉ said the extra channels would be launched on a phased basis.

New frequency for Channel 4 +1: 10729.00MHz, pol.V (DVB-S SR:22000

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Cush wrote: »
    An Irish Film Channel and Houses of the Oireachtas Channel will be part of RTEs multiplex and will be legislated for in the new Broadcasting Bill.

RTÉ 3, RTÉ 1+ are mentioned in this siliconrepublic.com article

and from the Irish Times

Will these new RTE Channels make it to Sky Digital?
    We have sky so no point in us getting a 2nd digital service at our house.

Also I agree RTE should do an RTE Sports channel, the Dail and +1 channels seem such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,522 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Gonzo wrote: »
    Will these new RTE Channels make it to Sky Digital?

Simple answer - We don't know.
    These channels are at least 12 months away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gonzo wrote: »
    the Dail and +1 channels seem such a waste.

I agree that the +1 channels are a waste but coverage of the Dáil I think is valid. It would be good to be able to see what they actually do up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

New frequency for Channel 4 +1: 10729.00MHz, pol.V (DVB-S SR:22000

Yeah my C4 and Film4 have gone re-tuning now. Why do they do this? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I tuned in C4+1 to my sky box but have lost C4 itself. I used to have it on the Other Channels Option and listed as 8350.

Now when I select 8350 I just get a message which says...

'There is a technical fault with this channel. Please try later.'

Have they changed the frequency for C4?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTE will not be running OTV or the IFB Channel. RTE have plans for RTE 3 and RTE 1 +1. And of course RTE International launch date 17 march 2009???????

RTE Radio 1, 2fm, RnaG and Lyrice have also be added to FreeSat. Does this mean a move toward RTE International on FreeSat ?

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I tuned in C4+1 to my sky box but have lost C4 itself. I used to have it on the Other Channels Option and listed as 8350.

Now when I select 8350 I just get a message which says...

'There is a technical fault with this channel. Please try later.'

Have they changed the frequency for C4?
    retune - > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56983055&postcount=218

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

... or for the less technically minded just do a channel search. It now shows up named as Channel 4. D'oh!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

norbert64 wrote: »

Thanks a mill Norbert. The missus is happy now she's able to watch Big Brother at the normal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Is this topic related to the mailing I got today re a new version of channel 4... what does this mean, anyone know?

Advertisement