Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Optical Cable Query

Options
  • 01-09-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a optical cable to connect PS3 to Home Cinema System for surround sound.Does it make a difference what thickness cable is as to quality of sound (thin ones seem very cheap) and where is the cheapest place for them in Dublin.Also where can i get an optical splitter so i can connect XBOX 360 as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

ninty wrote: »
    I am looking for a optical cable to connect PS3 to Home Cinema System for surround sound.Does it make a difference what thickness cable is as to quality of sound (thin ones seem very cheap) and where is the cheapest place for them in Dublin.Also where can i get an optical splitter so i can connect XBOX 360 as well.

Don't think it should make much of a difference if its optical cable - provided its not gonna be outrageously long or subject to being stood on.

You should be able to pick one (or two) in Maplins, might even be a splitter too.

Linky
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35241&criteria=toslink%20splitter&doy=2m9
    or
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=33712&criteria=toslink%20splitter&doy=2m9

Or ebay.

Or Richersounds perhaps - they have some ppl posting on boards.ie for such queries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Far as i can recall, Maplins tend towards price gouging, particularly on things like HDMI cables and Optical cables.

I'm not sure Peats are any better. IIRC, Tower Records in Easons were selling them pretty cheap.

Advertisement