Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the 7.10am train from Sallins to Heuston running?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

As the title states, I want to query if this train exists (supposed to be the early morningservice from Carlow) as although its stated on the timetable, it never appears when I turn up at the station. There is an evening service to Carlow that does run so what happens to this train on its return trip?

I suppose I could ring IR but I'd get a quicker response here:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

As the title states, I want to query if this train exists (supposed to be the early morningservice from Carlow) as although its stated on the timetable, it never appears when I turn up at the station. There is an evening service to Carlow that does run so what happens to this train on its return trip?

I suppose I could ring IR but I'd get a quicker response here:D

There should be trains ex-Sallins at 0708 (0630 ex-Portlaoise) and 0713 (0630 ex-Carlow).

Both are running now so that seems a bit odd.

The 1735 service to Carlow returns empty to Laois Train Care Depot, while the train that operates the 0630 ex-Carlow travels empty from Heuston to Carlow each morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

The 6.30 from Carlow stops in Sallins everyday. I know cause I get it, it also stops in Adamstown to take on 2=3 people! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Now I'm really confused as for the past 2 mornings, I arrived at teh station at 7am and the first train to show up is at 7.20 which I presumed was the one from Portlaoise as teh Carlow train didn't appear to be running. So is it a case that the 7.10 service is just running late then (no surprise there) and everything else is delaye behind it?

The train I've gotten the past 2 mornings has been packed to the gills so I presumed one train (i.e. Carlow/Portlaoise) wasn't operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Now I'm really confused as for the past 2 mornings, I arrived at teh station at 7am and the first train to show up is at 7.20 which I presumed was the one from Portlaoise as teh Carlow train didn't appear to be running. So is it a case that the 7.10 service is just running late then (no surprise there) and everything else is delaye behind it?

The train I've gotten the past 2 mornings has been packed to the gills so I presumed one train (i.e. Carlow/Portlaoise) wasn't operating.

It sounds like one of the trains was running late....causing a knock on delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Trampas

fitzyshea wrote: »
    it also stops in Adamstown to take on 2=3 people! :confused:

Maynooth train stops at phoenix park to pick up ghosts

• Advertisement
Advertisement