Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 coverage in Rathfarnham (esp Ballyboden)

Options
  • 01-09-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

I live out near Ballyboden and have found that mobile reception (GSM or 3G) on O2 is virtually non-existent in or around my house. The most I'll get is 1 or 2 bars of reception (I've tried on 3 phones), and when calls are possible they are unintelligible and frequently drop altogether.

I recently changed from Vodafone, with whom I had perfect reception - so it's not like I live in a radio blackhole. I've logged a report with O2 customer care, and apparently they are "investigating" (for the last two weeks) but I don't have much hope.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues with O2 in the area?

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Random1

yeah i live in that area and had to change back to vodafone and one of my friends lives in knocklyon, same problem, she has to ring me back on her landline whenever i call her @ home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Ever since the M50 opened, I've noticed 02 reception in D16 is brutal -
    especially at rush hour. I'm guessing the local cells are overloaded
    with people making calls whislt stuck in traffic. I gave up logging
    poor service with 02 and ended up porting to Vodafone who have
    much better coverage inc full 3G in the area.

(I spent over 2 years complaining to O2 without them doing anything, just in case
    OP is hoping they'll get their act together soon following their call).

Advertisement