Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Eye Alternatives

Options
  • 01-09-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭

Sky Eye won't work in my house for some reason. Can anyone recommend a TV sender for watching Sky in another room?

I want to be able to control the Sky box from another room. It is already fed into the television, ie. I can watch whatever is on Sky in the bedroom but only the channel that is on in the sitting room.

Thanks

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I got a Marmitek Powermid years ago and it is brilliant. It is a universal remote that you can program and a base unit pointing at the sky box/other devices. The remote works from anywhere in the house.

http://www.marmitek.com/

Search for Control Anywhere. I bought it in Peats but don't know if they still have them as it was a logn time ago when I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

thanks I think I've found what I need..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-PowerMid-infrared-extender-set/dp/B000GIXH42

Should do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just one thing to watch out for with it. In my last house the receiver was positioned just on the other side of a wall from the washing machine...whenever the washing machine went onto a spin cycle the thing would only work intermittently as the vibrations interfered with it.

No other problems though so just keep it away from washing machines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Ludo, just to say thanks for recommending the powermid, I got it at the end of last week and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

I am looking at getting one of these for my sky+ box can you tell me if yours is sky+ and if so what make is it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement