Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in train stations - any difference in amount of cars

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any difference this morning in the amount of cars parked at train stations - what with the pay parking being brought in.

Was the car park as full as normal or are people making alternative arrangements so as not to pay???

Has it made a difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭sk8board

funnily enough I was on the train reading the free sheet newspaper when I read that it was being introduced today, so I haven't paid.
    Its time to dust out the bike. It would be somethign if it was a charge for a quailty service.

Irish Rail’s press release notes that they intend to take €1m in annual revenues from this scheme. With 37 stations taking part, simple math shows this to be just €27,000 per station, or the annual revenues from just 56 regular commuters per station.

How many spaces will €27,000 build at any station?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Balbriggan train station was much quieter than usual this morning. Who knows how long that will last though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sk8board wrote: »
    funnily enough I was on the train reading the free sheet newspaper when I read that it was being introduced today, so I haven't paid.
    Its time to dust out the bike. It would be somethign if it was a charge for a quailty service.

Irish Rail’s press release notes that they intend to take €1m in annual revenues from this scheme. With 37 stations taking part, simple math shows this to be just €27,000 per station, or the annual revenues from just 56 regular commuters per station.

How many spaces will €27,000 build at any station?

I would assume that the money wouldn’t be divided evenly like that. It will be allocated to different places I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭sk8board

kearnsr wrote: »
    I would assume that the money wouldn’t be divided evenly like that. It will be allocated to different places I would say.

granted its a generalisation, but its still an average of €27k per station incoming

out-goings are a different thing of course and wouldn't be divvied up evenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Drogheda much quieter than usual. Still spaces at 12:00 whereas it would usually be overloaded by 8:00.

• Advertisement
Advertisement