Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky plus to record ITV

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Is there any way to record ITV (more specifically ITV3) using Sky Plus. I have ITV3 tuned in via the Services Button.

Another question I have is, why do we not have ITV 1,2,3 and BBC 3 &4 listed through main Sky programme set up. It is available in UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭ongarite

No, you can only Pause & Record stations on the Sky EPG, not stations tuned in manually in "Other Channels".
    I may be wrong but AFAIK TV3 objected to ITV, UTV being on the Irish EPG as they practically broadcast the same programming.
    Not too sure about ITV2,3,4 but BBC charter doesn't allow them to broadcast stations outside UK so Sky pay BBC to have BBC1 & BBC2 on Irish EPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Is there any way to record ITV (more specifically ITV3) using Sky Plus. I have ITV3 tuned in via the Services Button.

Another question I have is, why do we not have ITV 1,2,3 and BBC 3 &4 listed through main Sky programme set up. It is available in UK?

(I think this should work, open to correction from people that have actually tried it) If you revert your Sky box to the UK EPG by selecting channel 501, press the red button or the text button, while the machine is in the interactive mode, take out your Sky card and then press backup, then the UK channels become part of your EPG and you 'should' be able to record them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

no it wont !
    you need a paid sub to access the record and playback functions .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

(I think this should work, open to correction from people that have actually tried it) If you revert your Sky box to the UK EPG by selecting channel 501, press the red button or the text button, while the machine is in the interactive mode, take out your Sky card and then press backup, then the UK channels become part of your EPG and you 'should' be able to record them.
    Unfortunately not because the Sky+ functions need a valid Sky card in the box that has this functionality enabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Forgot about that eventuality! Well there you have it Trapper, it's not possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭WalkOn

shame that it would be good to record ITV sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

You can buy DVD recorders now for as little as €45 then just get a few DVD+RW's and you can record and delete over and over your ITV :D

Advertisement