Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap PS/2 KVM Switch €4.99 - PC World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Which PC World?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Note it is PS/2, not USB, product code: 150718

link to the UK website: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?page=Product&sku=150718

This is an awesome price, for anyone who needs one, or thinks they may need one at any point in the near future

It's 4.99 instore? What branch? Were cables included?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Which store? pretty much all of em
    edit: its a storewide price, and most stores seem to have it in stock, all cables are included

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Note it is PS/2, not USB, product code: 150718

link to the UK website: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?page=Product&sku=150718

This is an awesome price, for anyone who needs one, or thinks they may need one at any point in the near future

This link is showing as (Price inc VAT £29.98, Standard Delivery £4.95).

Is this offer only in the shops rather than online?

That is the .co.uk site, cos the Irish one is under permaconstruction, (sigh....)

EDIT: it is 4.99 in the Irish stores though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks, I'm gonna check this out, KVMs are way overpriced for what they are, i.e. a few cables and a connector switch. I think Deal Extreme have them cheap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

saw a label for it rows of empty racks in limerick but no kvms :(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Which store? pretty much all of em
    edit: its a storewide price, and most stores seem to have it in stock, all cables are included
    My local PC World has them for €54.98 (got a price check to be sure)

Appears to be the same model as in the link.

I checked in Limerick PC World as well, no luck. The offer is probably over, never mind available at Deal Extreme for $16.91 (€11.40) delivered :)

Switch $10.79: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10114
    Cables $6.12: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10109

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Do you not need 2 sets of cables for both pc's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-4-Port-KVM-PC-Keyboard-Video-Monitor-VGA-Switchbox_W0QQitemZ120301108539QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120301108539&_trkparms=72%3A984|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Picked up one of these on fleabay... Use it in work for my pc, my mac n 2 x servers. USB is easier to work with than the PS2, mainly cause I'd a tonne of cables around. Have a USB hub working through it too, although I think it only transferes at 1.1, still.. Tis handy for usb keys... Works grand n for €15 I ain't gonna complain.

ninty wrote: »
    Do you not need 2 sets of cables for both pc's

I haven't used a KVM in ages but you're probably right still just $23.03 (€15.45) with the 2 sets of cables and the connector switch.

The 4 Port KVM is $17.52 (€11.75) at Deal Extreme: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10116

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Oracle wrote: »
    I haven't used a KVM in ages but you're probably right still just $23.03 (€15.45) with the 2 sets of cables and the connector switch.

The 4 Port KVM is $17.52 (€11.75) at Deal Extreme: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10116

Just bought cables and switch for about €16,thanks for the pointer.

No problem Ninty, I hope it works well for you. :)

To anyone still watching this thread, this price is still available, and as far as I know, in plenty of stores. they are definitely still available in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

To anyone still watching this thread, this price is still available, and as far as I know, in plenty of stores. they are definitely still available in Sligo
    Not in PC World Galway - I took it to the cash desk, asked for the price, it was €54.98.
    Maybe they are a bit slow in reducing prices, I can wait, cos €4.99 is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Anan

Anybody know if this offer is available in Dublin Blanch or Carrickmines ?

I rang the carrickmines shop on Thursday and they said the price was €54.98.

I would be certainly keen to get one if it was a fiver.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Make sure to ask for the ps2 KVM. They may be looking at the usb version.

Where are they in the sligo store? I wandered in and couldn't see them..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Quackles wrote: »
    Where are they in the sligo store? I wandered in and couldn't see them..
    They're on the right hand side of the shop. About three aisles down (I think) on the side closest to the doors. They are at the very end of the aisle, near the networking stuff and hanging on hooks just above the ground. They are in a yellow packaging. If you can't find them just ask a member of staff.

• Advertisement

As a couple of the above posters have pointed out, be sure you ask for the PS2 kvm, the USB one is indeed 55 euros (60 with audio)

Also: ask a member of staff to check the product code (150718), its the easiest way for them to check if they have it.

I'm told they have them in Blanch and Liffey Valley and Airside (but possibly not carrickmines)

They're on the right hand side of the shop. About three aisles down (I think) on the side closest to the doors. They are at the very end of the aisle, near the networking stuff and hanging on hooks just above the ground. They are in a yellow packaging. If you can't find them just ask a member of staff.

Got 'em over lunch.. thanks :) What excellent directions you give ;)

Quackles wrote: »
    Got 'em over lunch.. thanks :) What excellent directions you give ;)
    Glad to see you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Thanks OP for original alert and reminder. I tried Liffey Valley the first time I saw this thread but couldn't find any PS2 ones just the USB ones for €60. Went back up this afternoon after seeing reminder and found a PS2 one behind the USB ones and there was another just sitting by itself in a trolley and yes they were still €4.98.

Advertisement