Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not paid bonus

Options
  • 01-09-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm finishing up from a job in a couple of weeks.
    In the past year a new manager started and, theres no need to get into specifics, but needless to say I felt I was treated very badly. This guy has been gunning for me since then and its the main reason why Im leaving.
    There is absolutly no love lost!
    I have just found out that there was a bonus paid to staff in March and I was never even notified of it. I have a clean work record so it looks like blatant discrimination.
    His treatment towards me over a year ago was horrible and it was a total shock. I had been working very hard and put everything I had into the job, but still in his mind I fell short and was basically demoted. It has taken me quite a while now to make sense of why it happened. Basically I'm mad at hell at him as it was office politics at work. My only downfall was not in my ability to do the work but in not foreseeing what he was planning. I see not getting the bonus as my way of evening the scores! and taking whatever measures available to do it! I can think of no reason why I shouldn't have got it.
    I would be intereted to hear your thoughts on the matter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Usual question - what does your contract say about the bonus? If it's discretionary and not tied into any specific figures you can back up, then I doubt there's much you can do. A bonus is exactly that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What Eoin said really, usually bonus is at companies discretion so they can give it out or with hold it as they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

For what it's worth, just concentrate on enjoying the new job and forget all about the arsehole.

Advertisement