Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pac land

Options
  • 31-08-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi hope someone can help me, i dont know too much about gaming but i am looking for an old arcade game called pac-land. i loved this game as a child and was wondering if it is available for the PS2??
    would love to get it!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

This game makes my top ten list everytime. It's an absolute classic! The game is available on the original playstation on Namco Museum Volume 4 but you will probably have a hell of a time tracking a copy down. (Ebay maybe?) The only other option you have is using MAME on your PS2 which requires you to run Linux or have it chiped (I'm no PS2 mod expert)

Another option of course is to use your PC to emulate it instead. All you have to do is download MAME and then use Google to search for
    the Pac Land Rom. I can't imagine playing this with a joypad tho as the water jumps require knocking the crap out of joystick! (Rest in peace x-arcade stick) ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

It's one of my favourites , but it never shows up on any of the pac-man retro disks/virtual consoles .For shame!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yeah it's strange it's been neglected really given it was such a popular arcade. Personally I was never that bowled over by the original Pac man and much prefered this game complete with its level skips and secret items etc. Lets hope Namco get the finger out!

Advertisement