Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop???

Options
  • 31-08-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,971 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HP or Dell. Either would be a fine brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Stereotypes:

Acer is cheap and cheerful.
    Dell is cheaper, with crappish support.
    HP has a better build quality, but marginally more expensive than Dell or Acer.
    Fujitsu Siemens - not too bad on price or quality.
    Toshiba tend to use crap components in otherwise very good laptops.
    Sony - Really nice stuff, but expensive and still trying to perfect their products.

HP would be my preference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

I allways used to love gateway and msi but there kinda gone now. Dells are ok if you need a cheaper pc that still gets the job done. I also agree with nev, HP's are build great and are great value for money

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If I were you, I would self build, especially if you want easy upgradeability. Most OEMs provide a smaller, basic case, which can really cripple upgradeability, not to mention possibly underpowered power suplies for future upgrades, Building a pc is like lego, if you have ever installed a hard disk, ram, video card, psu etc it wont be a problem (well shouldnt), theres plenty of tutorials out there, not to mention most components come with a 3 years warrenty too :)Building & Upgrading is a great place to get started for tips, advice etc... :). If you really wish to go the pre-built route, well I'm fond of Dell myself, and have always found there irish support center to be decent, my 2cents.

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement