Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does an estate agent make ?

Options
  • 31-08-2008 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

First off, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

So , does anyone know how much an estate agent makes for either sales or renting? I'm talking about the agent him/herself not the agency. are they paid purely on commission or is there a salary involved?

I realise this is a rather vague question, but I am applying for a position as a part time agent and have no clue what the average wage is.

again, sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, please move it if it is.

Thank you to anyone in advance that has an answer

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It really depends.
    Most of the larger agencies have imposed wage cuts on all- and are moving increasingly towards the commission model, as current market conditions are not conducive to having staff sitting on their posteriors with nothing to do.

I would explore very carefully how/why an estate agency is recruiting staff at the moment- as its contrary to the industry. Did they lay off shed loads of staff and then discover they were incapable of coping on their skeleton staffing- in which case you might have a problem?

There isn't a standard salary- you need to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

its evening/weekend position, just showing places. I figure maybe the staff they have now are just full/daytime staff . is there an average percentage or something for rental properties. its just for a part time job for extra cash during college so I'm not too worried about job security. I'm just wondering if I'm better off just going for some job in spar or something like that instead of this.

Advertisement