Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong card for this set top box

Options
  • 31-08-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all, i recently had problems with my skybox (tuner i think) and changed it for a spare i had, i subscribe to sky sports and i get the message wrong card for this set top box. What would remedy this ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You will simply need to ring sky and tell them that you have changed the box, they will send a signal to the card to repair it to the box the card is now in.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pilslager

Good man Steveon, done and dusted, i rang them this morning and got it sorted. Within seconds the sky chap had it done, and all over the phone. I thought it might be like cancelling setanta which i done recently, a friggin nightmare having to hand write a letter and send it to the uk.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

No problem happy to oblige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

that only happens with sky+ boxes and boxes where the card has a sports or movies package activated on it... if you dont have sky sports or movies the card will work in most boxes without needing to be paired

sky have it this way to prevent people sharing the cards about for sporting events and ppv movies (example you only getting sky family pack but your dad having the sports pack and he lending you the card so you can watch a footie match at your house)

Advertisement