Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Gotham Racing 4 for €17.99 - Discount Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Soul Calibur 4 discount please :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Nice game, nice price. I'll spread the word!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

DRakE wrote: »
    Soul Calibur 4 discount please :P

Type DrakE in and get a mind blowing €2.00 discount :p best I can do at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭leptonite

Thanks, I've ordered. Just have to find the time to play it when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Thanks gamesnash. Excellent price. Just ordered there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's in game preowned for 4.99 :D

It's in game preowned for 4.99 :D

We are giving €9.00 trade in value for it so if that has the manual etc you could nearly double your money on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Nice one Gamesnasheroos, order placed. Keep up the savage deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

Nice one, just ordered mine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Don't suppose you'd want to show your appreciation for TNA wrestling, eh Gamesnash? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

PGR4 arrived in the door 2 evenings ago. Happys days.

You should keep popping the special offers like this up here every time you change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

OK offer.

i must say the rest of the crap on the website is a rip off,
    with the odd bargain once in a blue moon thrown at the boards website with hope of more people going on to it.

look below if you dont belive me :

GameSnatch

Play.com

Tigerwoods 09

Assins Creed

Blacksite

Mass Effect

fifa 08

S vs Raw

Total : 280.45 188.43

So gamesnatch is a whopping 92.02more

Well you can't please everyone can you :) - a couple of things in our defence though:

1) Fifa 08 - the example you chose we hold our hands up - this was a programming error on the X360 version - however the PS3 version was and the X360 version has been changed to €32.99

2) We are not anywhere near as big as play.com - they are buying tens of thousands of each title directly from the publishers. The majority of our stock is sourced from Irish distributors as we are not yet big enough to buy directly. As such if the Irish distributors have not lowered their prices we are not in a position to do so ourselves. Play.com can afford to loss lead on their last couple of hundred of each item as they have made their money on the thousands of units they sold before.

2) Play.com are based in Jersey and exploit a legal loophole in that they are not obliged to charge VAT on their sales so take the current Tiger Woods 09 and add 21% to their price and see how that compares to us and indeed to the bricks and mortar stores.

3) We generally work off less than 10% margin - on a €57.99 game we will make a profit after postage costs of approx €4.00 and with this we pay for staff costs / warehousing etc. Due to points 1 and 2 above there are certain situations where play.com are able to retail cheaper than we can buy ourselves.

We will quite openly state now and as we have done in the past that we do not claim to be as cheap as play.com on every single item they sell - we simply can't compete with them at the moment. When we source clearance stock etc from our own suppliers we pass on those savings to our customers and yes we do put offers out on boards.ie because quite simply we have a large customer base from here.

However our market research and our growing customer base is showing quite clearly that customers choose their retailers based not only on price but on service too. Order Tiger Woods 09 now from play.com and delievery times are generally 1 - 2 weeks. Order from us get it 1-2 days.

Our business model is based on the fact that we believe that service plays a big part in a customers choice and that we bridge the gap between the higher prices of a bricks + mortar store and the lower prices of the super retailers like play and amazon etc who whilst at times offering the cheapest option balance that with an inferior customer service.

Pre orders through ourselves again bridge the gap - the biggest example to date was GTA4 - we retailed at €57.99 - the high street stores retailed as high as €74.99 and play.com retailed at €55.99 ( again noting that play.com made a lot bigger profit than we did ) the majority of our customers recieved that game on the morning of release, saved up to €18.00 and were online beating the crap out of the guys who stood in a midnight queue. Head over to the GTA forum and you will see a lot of posts where our competitors took a further 2 weeks to deliver.

We also allow our customers to trade in their old games - We aim to match if not beat bricks and mortar trade in prices but instead of then putting your credit to a game that is up to 20% dearer you end up with a transaction which leaves you paying far less for that game than if in a high street store.

In summary - of course it is up to an individual consumer to make their choice and for some a cheaper product is worth the wait, for others it is not. For some inferior template type responses to email queries is acceptable - for others it is not. For those who want that bit of service, for those who want their retailer to go the extra mile to sort them out, for those who want to support an Irish owned company and for those who want to tell the tax dodgers to f£$% off there is Gamesnash.ie - for the others there is play.com and we wish you all the best there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gamesnash definitely get my seal of approval anyway. I left preordering GTAIV too late to consider getting a copy from a bricks & mortar store, and would've been waiting up to a week after the release date for it to arrive if I ordered from play and the rest. These guys came through for me and the game was sitting on my doormat waiting to be played when I came home from work on the 29th.

Wish that I'd used them to preorder spore as well, as I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive from shopto...

PGR4 is bloody fantastic by the way, one of the most essential 360 games out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

tman wrote: »
    Gamesnash definitely get my seal of approval anyway. I left preordering GTAIV too late to consider getting a copy from a bricks & mortar store, and would've been waiting up to a week after the release date for it to arrive if I ordered from play and the rest.

+1 ...... Handled the Gta Preorders Amazingly

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, didn't they hand deliver some of them due to a postal strike at the time as well?
    I'd love to see a company like play provide that kind of service!

Have only pre-ordered once from Gamesnash, but the game arrived on the morning of release and was very close in price to Play.com's. Can't complain with that.

Pegasus15 wrote: »
    Don't suppose you'd want to show your appreciation for TNA wrestling, eh Gamesnash? ;)

Good Idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Gamesnash FTW!! GTA4 launch says it all tbh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

gamesnash , how about getting an offer going on the up and comming pro evo for the ps3 ? I for one will place an order as will many here no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

Ordered a dualshock off gamesnash because they were the only guys doing the while one (excluding importing from Asia/US).

Found them to be VERY good and no probs at all.

One thing I would say though is that play.com's checkout system is far more user-friendly. If i remember correctly I had to go to an external webpage and enter in my credit card details, then go back to gamesnash to confirm the transaction which was a little messy. Not a big deal though.

Enda89 wrote: »
    Ordered a dualshock off gamesnash because they were the only guys doing the while one (excluding importing from Asia/US).

Found them to be VERY good and no probs at all.

One thing I would say though is that play.com's checkout system is far more user-friendly. If i remember correctly I had to go to an external webpage and enter in my credit card details, then go back to gamesnash to confirm the transaction which was a little messy. Not a big deal though.

Afaik, and I am open to correction, Gamesnash use WorldPay to handle payments. Only thing I noticed about that is the different interface. And they're not the only site like that. Order off of CD WOW and, afaik, you go to an external site to make the payment. Again, I am open to correction.

You're quite right we do use worldpay as our payment provider. This does involve being directed to a seperate site to fill in your credit card details. We believe the security this offers our customers is worth the minor inconvenience of the extra page.

If you shop on a site that does not send you to an external processor such as worldpay that means that site is processing your credit card details themselves. You are relying on their inhouse security procedures and technologies to protect your details. Frightenly enough in a lot of cases with smaller web sites your details are manually inputted onto a credit card terminal by the sites personnel !!!!

We are not experts in this field and since worldpay are and spend millions each year keeping their security up to date and secure as possible we would not dream of trying to do this ourselves.

Advertisement