Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video reg on M50: Two trips--one charge?

Options
  • 31-08-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Bit the bullet this morning and signed up for the video registration option for the West Link toll. Then went to the airport and back, taking the M50 both times.

When I checked my account just now, the credit dropped from 40 euro to 37.50. I was expecting a charge of 5 euro--is this an example of the "teething problems" those geniuses at the NRA were predicting? Although this is the kind of problem I can live with...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Maybe it just takes time for the charge to filter through from the front-end to back-end systems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Bit the bullet this morning and signed up for the video registration option for the West Link toll. Then went to the airport and back, taking the M50 both times.

When I checked my account just now, the credit dropped from 40 euro to 37.50. I was expecting a charge of 5 euro--is this an example of the "teething problems" those geniuses at the NRA were predicting? Although this is the kind of problem I can live with...

Sorry, me confused. I thought that with a video account you don't have credit, simply a direct debit system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

With the tags it could take up to 6 hours for the charges to register on your account.

Furet wrote: »
    Sorry, me confused. I thought that with a video account you don't have credit, simply a direct debit system?
    You can do both, either pre-paid or post-pay. I can't imagine why you'd want to do the pre-paid option though .. you're 'lending' someone €40 for no reduction in the cost of a trip, so I can't see the point really, unless you're worried about not having enough credit limit or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Intellisense

Post-pay, in my understanding, is 3 euro a pop--as opposed to 2.50 for the video recognition fee.

Checked my e-flow account this evening. Still only 2.50 deducted. I posted originally to discover whether anyone else had noticed anything similar.

• Advertisement

Post-pay, in my understanding, is 3 euro a pop--as opposed to 2.50 for the video recognition fee.
    It's only €3 if you don't register at all. If you do register a video recognition account it's €2.50 regardless of whether you pre-pay or post-pay (it's an option when you register).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Intellisense

Oh...well so much for my careful online research.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You sure the scumbags didn't charge you 37.50 for your two trips, leaving you 2.50 for a bag of chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've found the eflow video postpay very slow to show up. Had a trip there last night and still hasn't shown up yet. eflow customer care told me I probably got lucky as they're having problems and some things aren't registering ... if I get a penalty notice in a week there'll be war!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

if I get a penalty notice in a week there'll be war!
    Knowing this country it could be months before you get it.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Knowing this country it could be months before you get it.
    And by then it'll be the 8th one :)

It's annoying .. they won't charge me and I signed up .. my mates not bothered to signup and they'll probably chase him!

Random wrote: »
    I've found the eflow video postpay very slow to show up. Had a trip there last night and still hasn't shown up yet. eflow customer care told me I probably got lucky as they're having problems and some things aren't registering ... if I get a penalty notice in a week there'll be war!
    It showed up today. Now I'm pissed off that I got charged lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 milanac

Created video acc yesterday and used return trip 2day.

Logged on to pay few min ago and saw the 5euro charge.

NOW maybe I should have done more research on the right option (e tag/video/pay as u go) but am I the only one here that think a 25% hike or 50% for non registered cars is way over the top!!!!
    Etags have 1euro account charge

Am I the only one who thinks this is a ridicilous?? dont have to use it daily so t'will be the last time I use it.

sorry bout the rant

Advertisement