Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSc in IT from UL - is this NFQ level 7 or 8?

Options
  • 31-08-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick one hopefully.....

I received a pass BSc degree in Information Tech & Telecommunications in UL in 2005. I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure if this is National Framework of Qualifications Level 8 or level 7?

All/Any opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mossyj wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just a quick one hopefully.....

I received a pass BSc degree in Information Tech & Telecommunications in UL in 2005. I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure if this is National Framework of Qualifications Level 8 or level 7?

All/Any opinions appreciated.

I think you're asking in the wrong area.. I'd advise you to ask UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm guessing it would be Level 8. Level 7 which is now an Ordinary Degree is the equivalent of what used to be known as a Diploma. Anyone coming out of UL now with a four year degree getting a pass in it as you were awarded, now get 3rd class honours. If you graduated in 2005 how was it a pass degree? My brother graduated in 2005 and I'm almost certain his degree is 3rd class honours (BSc Environmental Science).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mossyj

thanks for the reply...

i checked with UL and it is NFQ level 8 :)

Advertisement