Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping outlet - refund on coolerbox ?

Options
  • 31-08-2008 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hello forum,

I recently bought a cooler box which is supposed to keep ice for five days, (once enough ice is placed in the box). I had four large ice packs in the cooler - no more would fit around sides, and it had melted after two days. I bought it from a well known camping supplier on the outskirts of Dublin city. I like to get a refund as I want one that will keep meat safely for five days min. Will i get a refund ? Anyone returned similar products? Any help/info much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I dont believe that there is a cooler box in existance that would keep ice for 5 days!!! Are you sure it said 5 days? Is it a plug in cooler box?

Bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jgoodman05 wrote: »
    Hello forum,

I recently bought a cooler box which is supposed to keep ice for five days, (once enough ice is placed in the box). I had four large ice packs in the cooler - no more would fit around sides, and it had melted after two days. I bought it from a well known camping supplier on the outskirts of Dublin city. I like to get a refund as I want one that will keep meat safely for five days min. Will i get a refund ? Anyone returned similar products? Any help/info much appreciated.

Thanks

Sale of goods act, not up to standard. Full refund is due. But make sure you've read the instrucitons for the box, you may need to have it full of ice to keep ice for 5 days!!
    *Kol* wrote: »
    I dont believe that there is a cooler box in existance that would keep ice for 5 days!!! Are you sure it said 5 days? Is it a plug in cooler box?

Bring it back.

Yeah they have loads of them. I think I saw some in the US that had 10 days. Don't really believe them though, or the 5 day ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Del2005 wrote: »
    you may need to have it full of ice to keep ice for 5 days!!

I'd say that's the case

Advertisement