Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv3 and the shield

Options
  • 31-08-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

can anybody tell me wtf tv3 are at again they have deferred the last 2 episodes of the series 6,they done the same thing in season 5 they defered the last episode what can there reasoning be and that is the only program i watch on tv3,,,dumb dumbs:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

"Banged Up Abroad" is taking its place? Sounds terrible.........surely the Shield wasnt doing THAT badly in the ratings stakes.........

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

full_circle what anoys me is banged up abroad is not a series in the full sence of the word it has different stories each week i am informed [not a watcher],wher as the shield is continous each week with 2 episode of this series to go,,oh well

Oh I know what you mean, and that only makes their decision to hold off on the last two eps even more annoying! But TV3 have never treated The Shield with any respect. I'm pretty sure they've interrupted its series run every year since they started showing it *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Any idea when the idiots will be showing the last 2 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

FFS, only show I watch on that poxy channel and they ruin it yet again.
    Think I'll email the pr*cks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

RastaRed wrote: »
    FFS, only show I watch on that poxy channel and they ruin it yet again.
    Think I'll email the pr*cks
    EVERY YEAR THEY DO THIS JUST AS THE SHOW REACHES ITS CLIMAX,THE BASTARDS ,IF ITS NOT IM A CELEBRITY YOU COULD SAY THEY NO CHOICE BUT ****ING BANGED UP ABROAD,GIME A BREAK

when there is a will there is a way...tv3 can shove it,thats all i will say,roll on series 7

Got this reply from TV3 today

''All new episodes of series ‘The Shield ‘ will resume next year, preceding the final season.
    Thank you for taking the time to contact TV3.
    Kind Regards."

Can anyone tell me the sense to this

Next year? After making us wait so long on THIS season? Wow.........they really do know how to treat their viewers. Thanks ITV! I mean .......TV3 :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Season 7 starts tonight... in America

• Advertisement

so from tv3 reply,,i assume they will add the last 2 episodes of series 6 to series 7 and get another 2 years out of it,,,,lol,,bumbs bumbs,or we might never get to see series 7

Sent them this reply

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have to say you answer has thrown me. I expected to hear it would be back in a couple of weeks.
    Can you please explain to me the logic of stopping the transmission of the show with 2 episodes to go in this series and holding them until next year.
    I cannot see any logical reason or precedent in television broadcasting for doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I know a lot of people gave up on TV3 for The Shield a few years ago. Hard to believe they are still doing this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I read that the new season started in the states last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

What's The Shield got to do with The Wire?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

silvine wrote: »
    What's The Shield got to do with The Wire?
    Umm nothing? Who said they had anything to do with each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I clicked a link in the Wire forum. Didn't realise I was elsewhere.

Although to answer my own question, both shows feature cops and drug dealer :pac:

silvine wrote: »
    I clicked a link in the Wire forum. Didn't realise I was elsewhere.
    Ah-ha. Well both shows are also high quality and even if both are gritty, their approaches to story-telling are very different. Omar vs Vic Mckay would be an interesting battle of hard men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

The Shield has started back tonight in America and can be downloaded
    so you have to ask yourself WWVMD?

wwvmd.JPG

First episode of season seven was excellent as well - judging by the plots there, this season will be all about karma and not in the nice way that Earl knows it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

checkout sidereel.com you can watch 13 episodes of season 7.

mackey087,thank you very much i will indeed check out that site,,as i said before tv3 and stick it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

mackey087 wrote: »
    checkout sidereel.com you can watch 13 episodes of season 7.

Season 7 hasn't finished yet, and can't be watched anywhere online.

Anyone who was watching season 6 on iTV3 should check out the DVD box set, it's been available for months now. Get it here for about 35 euro. TV3 lost me as a viewer about 3 or 4 years ago, when they split off the last 2 episodes of whatever season of The Shield was airing at the time.

Advertisement