Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the news from boards

Options
  • 30-08-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Just back from a week at home out in the sticks and back to the computer for the usual arseing around. Didnt watch much TV, buy any newspapers or anything, just a break with the OH.

Instead of looking up a news site, I went straight to AH to see what was being discussed over the last few days.

Boards: Time killer and universal informant :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

i didnt know joe dolan died till i came on boards

i was in bits my family loved him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

In some cases its much faster,

I didnt hear about the car ramming incident in Waterford until I came on here, and even then the only news on the Web was from people posting up who had seen it happen.

Great for running updates and links

I always use this for news bout galway. You hear bout stuff sometimes before it even gets announced onthe radio

• Registered Users Posts: 33,197 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can backfire though. I saw the the thread titled "Gary Glitter re-arrested" and thought it had really happened, until I discovered it was a joke from the humour forum.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

i didnt know joe dolan died till i came on boards
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    When did that happen?

• Advertisement
Advertisement