Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV cabinets needed - where to buy

Options
  • 30-08-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I need 2 tv cabinets at the moment, the most important of which is for my 46inch lcd. It will also have to accommodate 3 speakers from my home theatre system. I reckon I'll need one at least 150cm wide for all this but not too high as it will have to fit under a window sill for at least part of it, i.e. less than 55cm high. However, after a trawl through every furniture shop I know today, there was absolutely nothing suitable in any of them. Now I want a wooden cabinet (preferably oak) instead of the chrome/glass units that usually hold these tvs.

So if anyone can point me in the general direction of a shop that supplies what I'm looking for, it would save me a lot of legwork. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I have seen some people on here recommend http://www.sanus.com/world/en/.

You could also consider having something made, perhaps by a kitchen maker as one option assuming he could do it in the wood you wanted as a nixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I had the same problem. After about 3 years of looking I found a unit in Craughwell furniture. They even had a choice of units around the place. We had almost settled for one in another store near by it, until we wandered in there and spotted the one we got (for about half the price of the one we were going to settle for).

Advertisement