Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Pin radio headsets.

Options
  • 30-08-2008 8:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone on here has used the lidl radios with a headset? im looking for a headset for one and the motorola talkabout radio has the same size plug. the headset i wanna get is one of these,
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2749
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2747

but im not sure if it'll work since i dont have one to try in it, DOC got a throat mic for his one that constantly broadcasts when ya plug it in so id like to get something thats compatable and not have to rewire it., :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

that happened to me with the xbox headset, gerrout reckons there talkabout compatible, think ya specifically need one with a PTT button for it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

must actually get around to re-wiring that, cause its a nice piece

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

its not that hard to do., id just rather have something outta the box.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

is it when you have enamel coated wires that solder refuses to stick to even after melting the enamel away

you have to use a lighter on it, get rid of the coating, then heat the wire aswell as the solder.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

u can get a good throat mic from gadget infinity, about 25 yoyos including delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

I don't suppose anyone knows if the Motorola Talkabout pin is the same as the Cobra single pin?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

vtec wrote: »
    but im not sure if it'll work since i dont have one to try in it, DOC got a throat mic for his one that constantly broadcasts when ya plug it in so id like to get something thats compatable and not have to rewire it., :)

No need to rewire it Richie. Just buy the approriate male/female connectors and some cable and solder up your own adapter. Easy peasy once u figure out the poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Or, y'know, spend a few quid and get something decent like any of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

btw is there any place in ireland that you can get motorola;s or other one...
    i;m talking about e-shop with good selection..
    and other thing..what kind of plug in should be in radio to connect headset with mic...? is it two different like in pc or..?

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Or, y'know, spend a few quid and get something decent like any of these.

Do you wear a sling which goes around the neck? I was about to buy one of these (NT2) but thought it might be a problem with an Aug sling which goes around the neck (rather than neck & shoulder).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

vtec - just to let you know, I have the TASC style. I can't say whether it works with the Lidl radios or not, but the sound quality both sending and receiving is very good.

However, the problem I have with the TASC style is that the ear piece is rubbery and solid. It gets VERY uncomfortable if you have it on for an extended period of time due to a mixture of the heat it traps on your ear and the size of the ear piece (it's edges tend to cut in a bit).

If I'd buy another, I would go with the Bowman style this time around.

Just thought I'd let ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

dude take a look at here http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/home.php?cat=77 got the throat mic delivered in about 8 days maybe less for less than 30 euro and it has a list of what radios use what pins and u select ur pin when ordering

I just bought one of the following; not cheap but I like the big PTT button, easier to find quickly and use with gloves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-TYPE-RADIO-EARPIECE-MICROPHONE-FOR-MOTOROLA-COBRA_W0QQitemZ370082573377QQihZ024QQcategoryZ72405QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

so has anyone any info on this

I'm having a horrid time rewiring the throat mic I got, so if anyone can give me some info would be appreciated.

I'm a spa when it comes to wires and plugs.

What plug do i need to get etc. I'd love if someone had some solid information in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just tried mine with a Talkabout compatible throut mic that I got ages ago from radiogearpro on ebay. Works perfectly. Wohoo.

getz me sie link bittE!!!!!

I tried mine on aidans talkabout yesterday and it also worked perfectly., im just gonna order one of them now.,

Well after a complete fail of wiring ability, i ****ed my headset into the bin, went onto ebay, and ordered a motorola xtn for 130 euros

So screw that in anyways :D

Advertisement