Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I increase my carbon footprint?

Options
  • 30-08-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I have no interest in the enviroment, any tips on how to add a few extra footprints?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Atleast if your going to troll put some work into it, your not even trying and nobody is going to bother feeding you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

If I were from Carlow I would be a tad more worried about global warming.

Wasn't Carlow the worst hit with the recent flooding? I think we should send all of the doubters to live in Carlow where they can enjoy the end results of their thought-processes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Get a few 100m motor yachts and half a dozen Boeing 777-300 ER BBJs - a 338 M2 penthouse apartment to take you around the world at a whim. Keep using them on a daily basis (budget about €100 million each by the time they are kitted out).

You'll probably use the best part of €500,000 on fuel to get one of your yachts between the Caribbean and Mediterranean. You'll need a crew of about 30 on each boat to keep them clean, serve your meals, and look after the navigation. They'll all want their own cabin of course - with satellite internet access and satellite TV subscriptions, which you will have to pay for. Budget €3 million per annum for staff costs and food etc.

So the bottom line is - can you afford to make even this tiny dent on global CO2 emissions? If you can't, you will be a pathetic wimp of a failure in terms of achieving a goal like this.

.probe

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/bbj/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Wear clown-size carbon shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

After Hours is your best bet. Or the cuckoos nest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

No point in feeding the trolls. Post reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

oclugg wrote: »
    I have no interest in the enviroment, any tips on how to add a few extra footprints?
    Spend a lot of money, on pretty much anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Book a round the world flight for a bag of spuds (first class if you can afford it)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

Hurin wrote:
    Spend a lot of money, on pretty much anything.
    Yes, spend all your money on a plug-in hybrid car, solar panelling and wind turbines for your home electricity and hot water, CFL lightbulbs, buy locally grown organic vegetables. Whatever money you have left over, invest it in Airtricity, Electricité de Francais, GE Westinghouse, railway and public transport companies, biofuel makers, and a few battery, experimental fuels and recycling research projects.

By Hurin's logic that will cause an total ecological collapse. Get ready for the 3 dark days ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

taconnol wrote: »
    If I were from Carlow I would be a tad more worried about global warming.

Wasn't Carlow the worst hit with the recent flooding? I think we should send all of the doubters to live in Carlow where they can enjoy the end results of their thought-processes.

No, Carlow had a Green TD so got a visit from Gormley. Appeared to be worst hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

SeanW wrote: »
    No point in feeding the trolls. Post reported.

Greens have no sense of humour. Even though it's carbon neutral.

bonkey wrote: »
    Wear clown-size carbon shoes.

Why not clown-size carbon dioxide shoes? He'd have to carry a refrigerant pack on his back to keep the shoes frozen to below -78.5C - otherwise the shoes would turn into gas.

I suspect he'd get cold feet.

.probe

http://tlc.ousd.k12.ca.us/~acody/Dry_Ice.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Every time i see Patrica McKenna on the TV sprouting shoite i burn a few tyres to balance things out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just set fire to everything you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

aircon v blow heater ... which would win in a battle ?

jhegarty wrote: »

Whoever had the most kW of firepower. But even 10 GW of hot fighting 10 GW of air con would not make much impact on global CO2 levels. The bottom line is that oclugg probably couldn't afford to buy 10 GW of ESB electricity at around 15 c/kw for one hour! And even BillG would be claiming dole payments if he tried to keep this up for a week or so.

Pathetic dweeb exercise. You have to be seriously rich as in the combined wealth and activity of 1.3 billion people of China - with around $2 trillion in the bank to waste on hydrocarbons to put a dent on the climate.

.probe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jhegarty wrote: »

Isn't that like the question if you leave the door of your fridge open will it cool or heat the room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Eat lot's of beans and other high fibre veggies. Methane is a savage greenhouse gas. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement