Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrol lifts the lid on the Final Five

Options
  • 30-08-2008 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭

New issue of SFX has an interview with Aaron Douglas [Tyrol] and he basically goes and blows the secrecy on the Final Five and Earth.
    He explains who the Final Five are and the history of Earth.
    I wont post it here as I dont want to spoil it for others
    Its a pity though he had to blab and ruin it for so many fans 6 months before the end of season 4.
    I knew that keeping the end of the series a secret would be impossible with such a big gap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have my doubts about these so called leaks by cast members. These folks have all sorts of clauses written into their contracts and I'm sure revealing the outcome of the series finale before it actually airs would be seen as a major breach of that contract and would result in lawsuits, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Did you even read his interview?He doesnt say who the fifth is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Did you even read his interview?He doesnt say who the fifth is.

Yes of course I read it.
    While it didn't reveal the identity of the fifth cylon it did contain huge spoilers .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So should I avoid it?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Yes of course I read it.
    While it didn't reveal the identity of the fifth cylon it did contain huge spoilers .

Indeed it was a big spoiler just the threads title was a bit misleading :D and yea you should avoid it unless you really want to know.

SPOILER (Tags used but just to be safe)

Aaron Douglas's exact words:
    "The four that were revealed at the end of season three," Douglas tells SFX on set in Vancouver, "are what they are, but they're one-offs. They're the original Cylons. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, when there were 13 colonies on Kobol, 12 went that way and one went that way to find Earth - or create an Earth - and that colony was actually Cylons. They're individuals, there's no multiple models. The seven that we know are a different kind of Cylon that came much later. They're probably ten, 20 years old, born out of the metal machines that fought back 40 years ago in the Cylon Wars of the 12 Colonies. So they're essentially like the gods. And we were on the new Earth, and destroyed that and came back to the 12 Colonies to rejoin humanity to find out the cycle of time. Why do we create a world and destroy ourselves? Why does humanity do that? And why do we as Cylons follow that path to humanity? So we sort of turned off the Cylon part of us and went and joined the humans. They don't know we're Cylons and we didn't know until we started getting closer to Earth - what's when we started hearing the music at the end of last season and get woken up to the fact we are."

Very interesting.However i'm skeptical if its true,the actors would have had clauses in their contracts as bazz said,regardless that the filming is finished I doubt he'd risk his acting career and a possible lawsuit,he also didn't mention anything else,perhaps this was setup and the producers agreed to it to draw more attention to BSG.I couldn't wait to see it as it was but now i'm even more annoyed that we have to wait months to see whats what!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I HATE YOU!! The desire to read that is tooo much! Must get away quickly.....Alt+F4!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

I read it, it was kind of obvious I had sort of come to that conclusion myself. it doesnt give away too much.there could still be some surprises in there....

Advertisement