Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap ADSL Modem with WiFi (€25) - PC World Limerick

Options
  • 29-08-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭

Picked up a Belkin F5D7633UK4A "ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router" in PC World in limerick this evening for €25.

Normal price online is €47 excluding delivery (or £47 from the rip-off merchants at overclockers.co.uk) and it's €109 in argos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Do you happen to have the product code? The 6 digitnumber below the item on the receipt? It'll help staff find it/quickly check stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

can't believe i'm up early enough on a saturday to reply promptly :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cop41

I picked one up this morning around 12 o clock ...
    They had about 5 left when I was there

Thanks for the heads up, really needed a new router :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If only I lived near a PCWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Out of stock in Cork (Mahon Point)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

iisollie wrote: »
    Out of stock in Cork (Mahon Point)

Read never had them at this price, PC World Mahon Point are renowned for this kind of caper, they really are the pits when it comes to pricing / stock levels. I should know my cousin is a Departmental Manager for them.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Went to Sligo store and no sign of it there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I've used one of these for years they're good, but Belkin get a lot of bad reports on the internet, strangely. :confused: There's a firmware update for these on the Belkin web site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dingding wrote: »
    Went to Sligo store and no sign of it there. :(

Apparently Sligo and limerick are the only places that have them.....

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Read never had them at this price, PC World Mahon Point are renowned for this kind of caper, they really are the pits when it comes to pricing / stock levels. I should know my cousin is a Departmental Manager for them.

MC

Yeah. I nipped into Mahon Point this morning and they had shelves of (other) Belkins with nary a price to be seen. I got it price-checked at the checkout but surely our bloody NCA should be enforcing the pricing legislation ?

They also told me they weren't allowed to give copies of receipts - I burnt the receipt for my netbook so seeing as they have my name, address and phone number stored I decided to ask.

Has anyone had any luck getting a copy receipt without going down the data protection route ?

• Advertisement

I might be able to help you out there, seems rubbish that they won't give you a receipt copy, PM me the name of the person you dealt with and I'll see what I can do.

PC World MAhon have a very bad SEL policy, the manager never keeps the staff checking to ensure the SELs are in place and correct, got myself a LAN power adaptor starter kit there last month or so for less than half price as the SEL had been printed with a wrong price. Cha Ching.

MC

Thanks MC (and to those who PM'ed).

I'll head back during the week and give them a proper pestering (today was just a quick visit en-route to B&Q) and report back.

They seem sometimes to have good prices - I got a squeezebox for a reasonable price and also a Casio camera which seems to have had its sterling price exchanged into euro for 1:1. I can't see why they don't cop-on that having proper labelling would end up easier in the long-run...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

davton wrote: »
    Apparently Sligo and limerick are the only places that have them.....

Any idea where about in the store (Sligo), I will pop back in tomorrow.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dingding wrote: »
    Any idea where about in the store (Sligo), I will pop back in tomorrow.

Thanks.

That was according to there stocking system,, and even one place their should be some in stock the staff couldn't find them so sorry no help to ya

Dingding, if you're dropping into pcw sligo, ask at the customer service, (if I can find the unit in question), I'll have it left at customer service

In PCW Sligo (Just Checked), there are 3, but they are preowned.

Currys are also supposed to have a couple, not sure as to whether they are prewoned or not.

PM me if you have issues finding it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The majority of the units in Limerick were not preowned though there was one that was preowned, it's price was €59.99 though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

In PCW Sligo (Just Checked), there are 3, but they are preowned.

Currys are also supposed to have a couple, not sure as to whether they are prewoned or not.

PM me if you have issues finding it

Do you work in PC World in Sligo,I really could have done with one of these.

I don't, just their most regular customer, but i do know one of the guys who does

PM me if you need help with anything round these parts, I'll give you his name

Do Sligo have the same prob as Mahon, the total lack of organised SELs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Its alright,I know the duty manager.I work next door ya see and she is always out for a fag when I am so I have gotten to know her and avail of her 10% staff discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Its alright,I know the duty manager.I work next door ya see and she is always out for a fag when I am so I have gotten to know her and avail of her 10% staff discount.
    Ah, so smoking can be good for you! ;) The media has lied to me.

Just a followup on my hunt for a copy of my receipt.

Armed with the knowledge that it's possible I wandered in after work and asked for a copy. No problems. Took three folk to do it due them getting waylaid but it only took a few mins and guess what - there's a big button on screen saying "receipt lookup".

So thanks to fellow Boardsies who assured me it was possible and no-thanks to yer wan yesterday who couldn't be ar*** !

Advertisement