Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can they get away with this

Options
  • 29-08-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

just come home from workto find my estate covered in double yellow lines. it houses 120 houses with no other access required. no mention off this happening in the last few weeks.can they get away with this. advice please. wow this has made me so angry. my estate looks like inner city town. BTW its an estate builtover 30years ago on the foot off the dublin mountains.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

pppspecial wrote: »
    just come home from workto find my estate covered in double yellow lines. it houses 120 houses with no other access required. no mention off this happening in the last few weeks.can they get away with this. advice please. wow this has made me so angry. my estate looks like inner city town. BTW its an estate builtover 30years ago on the foot off the dublin mountains.

Sounds a bit odd, is it near the LUAS, is it being done to stop folks parking there who are using the LUAS?

Contact Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown CoCo and they should tell you why it was done. You could also contact your local reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some one has made a complaint. Talk to the council.

What alternative do you propose?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

luas is 1 mile away. there aint no problems here.mind ya 2 setsoff new neighbours on the road. tis where the problem lies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Why, what have the 2 sets of new neighbours done..?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

The local authority can put down double yellow lines where they consider appropriate for traffic management reasons. Decision can be made by county manager or person deputised by county manager as opposed to resolution of elected members.

There should have been consultation beforehand with Gardai, and best practice is to consult with the relevant residents associations. Councillors would also be informed as a matter of courtesy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement