Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KDL40V4000

Options
  • 29-08-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

KDL40V4000 is €1199 with a Free Sony Blu Ray Player (worth €399), in Expert Electrical in Monaghan!

Dont know if that is the price everywhere else but seems a good deal to me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

This package is being flogged up and down the country from Donegal to Cork.
    Not bad but I'd rather pay for the TV and let them keep the Blu-ray (if its free, then its hardly worth €399!!??!!)

Picked up the TV in Richer Sounds Belfast for £640 plus £20 delivery for Boards.ie members (€830 ish?)
    Blu-ray is there for £180 and free delivery to RoI (€226 ish?)

Not much but approx €140 saving there.
    It'll pay for a decent HDMI cable and a couple of movie rentals !!;)

(well spotted tho - its a dang good TV for that money!)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Got the TV,Blu Ray and Stand plus 5 years warranty from Samsyeman up North delivered to my house in Bray for £830 (1050euro)this week,it was a Bank Holiday Special on their website .I posted this on Bargain Alerts last Sunday,dont know if anybody availed of offer as by Tuesday it was sold out!The delivery man threw in a free HDMI lead,a really great company to deal with!Getting a humax HiDef Freesat receiver next week and a Popcorn A100media tank so together with the Blu Ray I will have three Hi-Def sources!:DThe pictures from the TV are fantastic would have no problem recommending it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

johndoc wrote: »
    Not bad but I'd rather pay for the TV and let them keep the Blu-ray (if its free, then its hardly worth €399!!??!!)

I think the BRD actually needs a system update to include Blu-Ray Live features...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I think the BRD actually needs a system update to include Blu-Ray Live features...

Unfortunately the Sony BDP-S300 can't be upgraded to allow for profile 2.0/BD-Live functionality as it lacks the necessary hardware to be upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

When is a bargain not a bargain......
    Rsaeire wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Sony BDP-S300 can't be upgraded to allow for profile 2.0/BD-Live functionality as it lacks the necessary hardware to be upgraded.

'Thanks bud.... but I'll just have the telly if its all the same to you' :p

I got one of these TV's from these dudes last week Boards Richer Sounds Forum Recommended (even if I was promised a call back on Monday when I enquired by phone and had to chase them Tuesday evening to place the order!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I got one of these TV's from these dudes last week Boards Richer Sounds Forum Recommended (even if I was promised a call back on Monday when I enquired by phone and had to chase them Tuesday evening to place the order!)

That's a common thing with Richer Sounds in my experience. I attempted to buy an LCD TV from them in July and was told it would be in stock at such and such a time only to call and find out it wasn't in stock, wasn't ordered or whatever - practically had to chase them up for a number of weeks. I bought the TV in the end from Powercity and although they were a little more expensive, the blu ray player and easy transaction made it worthwhile in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

viv.ie wrote: »
    Got the TV,Blu Ray and Stand plus 5 years warranty from Samsyeman up North delivered to my house in Bray for £830 (1050euro)this week,it was a Bank Holiday Special on their website .I posted this on Bargain Alerts last Sunday,dont know if anybody availed of offer as by Tuesday it was sold out!The delivery man threw in a free HDMI lead,a really great company to deal with!Getting a humax HiDef Freesat receiver next week and a Popcorn A100media tank so together with the Blu Ray I will have three Hi-Def sources!:DThe pictures from the TV are fantastic would have no problem recommending it!
    Hi viv, can you tell me where is the best place to buy popcorn.

Many thanks.

I have ordered mine from iBood.com ,it was one of their daily offers last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It'll pay for a decent HDMI cable and a couple of movie rentals !!;)

You do know that all HDMI cables are the exact same? No such thing as a decent one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    You do know that all HDMI cables are the exact same? No such thing as a decent one.
    But this one for €800 was made in an oxygen and gravity free environment on the international space station and the cabling woven from the pubic hair of a virgin angel. The picture quality is like a bazillion times better than some cheap €10 cable.

• Advertisement

I have to have this! Where can I buy this and can iuse Paypall:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

viv.ie wrote: »
    I have to have this! Where can I buy this and can iuse Paypall:)
    I'll send you my paypal details now, it'll be delivered in a week.

*puts €10 cable in an envelope and rubs hands with glee*

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Class, can I have one of them as well, monster cables are ****e compared to those!:D, my bank acc. is A/C 233544530. sort code 3444 3989 3455, help yourself.:D

Another sucker satisfied customer.

Advertisement