Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure why Im getting this error

Options
  • 29-08-2008 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Wondering if can someone help me. I'm uploading images through a form and trying to crop them. I found a function to crop them online. I have this in 'crop.inc'. I include this as
    require('crop.inc');

and call it as
     cropImage(220, 160, '/images/prod_images/main/$id-1.jpg', 'jpg', '/images/prod_images/main/$id-1.jpg');

this is the crop.inc function that i got online
    <?php

function cropImage($nw, $nh, $source, $stype, $dest) {

$size = getimagesize($source);
    		 $w = $size[0];
    		  $h = $size[1];

switch($stype) {

case 'gif':
    			  $simg = imagecreatefromgif($source);

break;

case 'jpg':
    			  $simg = imagecreatefromjpeg($source);

break;

case 'png':
    			  $simg = imagecreatefrompng($source);

break;

}

$dimg = imagecreatetruecolor($nw, $nh);
    		  $wm = $w/$nw;
    		  $hm = $h/$nh;

$h_height = $nh/2;
    		  $w_height = $nw/2;

if($w> $h) {

$adjusted_width = $w / $hm;
    			  $half_width = $adjusted_width / 2;
    			  $int_width = $half_width - $w_height;

imagecopyresampled($dimg,$simg,-$int_width,0,0,0,$adjusted_width,$nh,$w,$h);

} elseif(($w <$h) || ($w == $h)) {
    			  $adjusted_height = $h / $wm;
    			  $half_height = $adjusted_height / 2;
    			  $int_height = $half_height - $h_height;
    			  imagecopyresampled($dimg,$simg,0,-$int_height,0,0,$nw,$adjusted_height,$w,$h);

} else {

imagecopyresampled($dimg,$simg,0,0,0,0,$nw,$nh,$w,$h);

}

imagejpeg($dimg,$dest,100);

}

?>

I think it may be not working as I am using a variable in the image name. I need to use a variable though. Anyone know any way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Could you try this?

[php]
    cropImage(220, 160, '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id-1.jpg.'', 'jpg', '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id-1.jpg.'');
    [/php]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Could you try this?

[php]
    cropImage(220, 160, '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id-1.jpg.'', 'jpg', '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id-1.jpg.'');
    [/php]
    Thats it.

Remember OP, variables in double quotes "$myvar", are interpreted, IE -the variables value is placed there.
    Anything enclosed in single quotes are string literals, meaning pass or print literally anything enclosed print '$myvar' will print exactly '$myvar' and not the value of var.

Same goes for escape characters such as new line "\n" or tab "\t".

The print out of $id-1.jpg in the warning is a hint that $id-1.jpg is not getting replaced with the actual value.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Thanks a million I'll give it a go on Monday :D

If I use the above I get
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/test.php on line 69 

And if I use
    cropImage(220, 160, '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-1.jpg', 'jpg', '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-1.jpg');

I get the error
    Warning: getimagesize(/images/prod_images/main/138-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 8 Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(/images/prod_images/main/138-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 26 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 75 Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/admin/crop.inc on line 83 Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/images/prod_images/main/138-1.jpg' for writing in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 94 Warning: getimagesize(/images/prod_images/138-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 8 Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(/images/prod_images/138-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 26 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 75 Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 83 Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/images/prod_images/138-1.jpg' for writing in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 94 Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/images/prod_images/main/138-1.jpg' for writing in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 25 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc:8) in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/padd.php on line 75 

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The cropImage function takes an image path from the filesystem, not from the web.

So when you're calling pointing at "/images/prod_images/main/", it's looking for a folder called "images" in the root of the filesystem as opposed to the root of the web server.

Use "/hsphere/local/home/test/images/prod_images/main/" instead.

• Advertisement

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/138-1.jpg' for writing in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc on line 94 Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/138-1.jpg' for writing in hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 25 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/crop.inc:94) in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/padd.php on line 75 

:confused:

All fun and games.

You need to open up the folder /hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/ as writeable to the webserver user.

Hmm permissions are already set to 757. Oh well. I'll figure it out, thanks for your help :D

Are you sure that /hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/ is the correct directory (2 test folders)

Yup

• Advertisement

Chmod it to 777 so :)

Its all set to 777 and still getting the error of unable to write. Getting stressed now as this has to be working by tomorrow afternoon :( Anyone know of a cropping image function that actually works :P

By any chance are your pictures capital .JPG's - Remember Linux is case sensitive.
    Some programs on windows (MS Paint) for example, have habit of saving to *.JPG instead of *.jpg

Edit - just a pure chance - I don't know if the file is locked since you are writing to the file you are resizing. Try imagedestroy($simg)

[php]
    : : :

imagedestroy($simg);
    imagejpeg($dimg,$dest,100);

}

?>
    [/php]

No they are lowercase. Is this crop function working for anyone else? I really cant understand why it isnt writing the image to the folder :( I have no clue of these functions I just got one online and I need to have it working by tomorrow afternoon

I think you are going to have the same problem with another crop script as its file permissions thats the problem here.

I would try and create a script that creates a simple text file in that directory and see if you can.

[php]
    <?php
    $outputfile = "/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/testfile.txt";
    $fh = fopen($outputfile, 'w') or die("Can't open for write, definetely permissions prob!");
    $tempStr = "Testing";
    fwrite($outputfile, $tempStr);
    fwrite($fh, $stringData);
    fclose($fh);

?>
    [/php]

run this script and see if the text file exists in the directory. At least this will count out a few problems for you.

By the way - have you jsut Chmodded the images directory, make sure to chmod the main/ directory to 777

That's a good idea thanks i'll test that in the morning :) Also does anyone know the correct syntax for cropping an image in php using mogrify?

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/test.php on line 5 

Sorry that was wrong by me.

[php]
    <?php
    $outputfile = "/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/testfile.txt";
    $fh = fopen($outputfile, 'w') or die("Can't open for write, definetely permissions prob!");
    $tempStr = "Testing";
    fwrite($fh, $tempStr);
    fclose($fh);

?> [/php]

Now see if that file testfile.txt exists in the directory and it has the text Testing in it.

Ok ive now discovered that the cropping and resizing functions are working (woo) but i still get this lovely error when i upload (but when i check the images in the folder they are there and appear cropped)
    Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(/142-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 34 Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test.ie/admin/resize.inc on line 36 Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 37 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 46 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 47 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 50 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 50 Warning: imagecreatetruecolor(): Invalid image dimensions in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 54 Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 55 Warning: imagejpeg(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 56 Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 57 Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(/142-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 3 Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 5 Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 6 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 15 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 16 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 19 Warning: Division by zero in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 19 Warning: imagecreatetruecolor(): Invalid image dimensions in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 23 Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 24 Warning: imagejpeg(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 25 Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hsphere/local/home/test/test/admin/resize.inc on line 26 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/test/test.ie/admin/resize.inc:34) in /hsphere/local/home/test/test.ie/admin/add_product2.php on line 113 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

When working with file paths why not use
    $target_path = 
    $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/images/prod_images/main/testfile.txt"

to make sure the path is right? Makes the code more portable too.

• Advertisement

Btw this is how Im calling the function in the form
    	if($image1 != ""){
    		exec("cp $image1 '$sitedir/images/prod_images/main/$id-1.jpg'");
    		exec("mv $image1 '$sitedir/images/prod_images/$id-1.jpg'");
    		cropImage(220, 160, '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-1.jpg', 'jpg', '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-1.jpg');
    		cropImage(220, 160, '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/'.$id.'-1.jpg', 'jpg', '/hsphere/local/home/test/test./images/prod_images/'.$id.'-1.jpg');
    		resizethumb($id, 1, $thumbfolder, $thumbwidth, $thumbheight);
    	     resizemain($id, 1, $mainfolder, $mainwidth, $mainheight);
    	}
    	Header("Location: done.php");
    }

megcork wrote: »
    Btw this is how Im calling the function in the form
    	if($image1 != ""){
    		exec("cp $image1 '$sitedir/images/prod_images/main/$id-1.jpg'");
    		exec("mv $image1 '$sitedir/images/prod_images/$id-1.jpg'");
    		cropImage(220, 160, '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-1.jpg', 'jpg', '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-1.jpg');
    		cropImage(220, 160, '/hsphere/local/home/test/test/images/prod_images/'.$id.'-1.jpg', 'jpg', '/hsphere/local/home/test/test./images/prod_images/'.$id.'-1.jpg');
    		resizethumb($id, 1, $thumbfolder, $thumbwidth, $thumbheight);
    	     resizemain($id, 1, $mainfolder, $mainwidth, $mainheight);
    	}
    	Header("Location: done.php");
    }

That code isn't very portablel :( - - won't work on a windows machine. You are using the CLI to copy, using linux only functions such as cp and mv.

You should use the php copy function. Just something id advise :)

Hey i moved it to a different testing account and its working fine. Woohoo. Thanks for all your help.

Good work :)

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Could you try this?

[php]
    [/php]

Just wondering how i could write the above with a variable '$k' substituting the '1' of the jpg?

eg: I tried writing it as
    [php]
    cropImage(220, 160, '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id'.'-'.$k.jpg'', 'jpg', '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id'.'-'.$k.jpg.'');
    [/php]
    but I get errors

Try this, you have your .'s in the wrong places.

[php]cropImage(220, 160, '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-'.$k.'.jpg', 'jpg', '/images/prod_images/main/'.$id.'-'.$k.'.jpg'); [/php]

Brilliant :D

Advertisement