Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions abount viewing sky online

Options
  • 29-08-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I currently just have a FTA skybox but may be interested in a Sky account if I can view the full range of channels online, reason is I spend some time away from home in hotels due to work, so question is what can I view/do online is it the same as realtime TV or can I watch all programmes when I want, can I record or download same content and is this limited to one pc or accessed through any pc via an account.
    Of course can I just get a friend to register for me with his account or use a guest account. Any answers appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

have you looked at a slingbox?
    I it can be hooked up to your tv system and Broadband to send programs to you remotly.
    could be worth a look.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

have seen them before alright, tis a thought may take a second look

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

expansys have a good deal on the classic slingbox at the mo and there is also a voucher available in the bargain forum for 12 euro off. works out about 85 euro. ordered one meself

Cripes , thats a good buy , might just go that way but am still interested in any info about sky online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Try sky player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

barnicles wrote: »
    Try sky player
    You need a Sky subscription for the Player though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

4oD has some programs

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The quality is limited by bandwidth of your upload or hotel download, whichever is worse and jitter/packet loss on the whole nextwork.

You're better off with the channels on the Hotel TV or tiny sized feeds on the various broadcasters sites. Via the Internet in a hotel is NOT going to be a TV watching experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

List of channels on Sky:
    http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/tvguide/tvlistings

IIRC SkyPlayer doesnt allow you to watch Sky online, but rather, you can download programmes based on your subscription package to watch on your PC. You could use this in the hotel, though I imagine at the typical cost of hotel internet in the room, its going to be pricey.

OK that may be better as its better than streaming , so can I download any programmes per my subscription or is it only a selected few.
    Can I just use some elses account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭WalkOn

sweetie wrote: »
    expansys have a good deal on the classic slingbox at the mo and there is also a voucher available in the bargain forum for 12 euro off. works out about 85 euro. ordered one meself
    very good price this

Advertisement