Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallynoggin Course - Anyone Got Advice??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

An interest in Photography is all you need, good course for those who are self motivated

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭MistressPandora

I've done this course, it's a portfolio preparation course so you don't actually *need* a level of photography to get in, just be interested in it!
    Name of the photography teacher is Joe Sterling. Personally, I'm not a big fan of his work and he and I often had disagreements, but he does know some excellent darkroom techniques.
    Enjoy your year there, I certainly did!

(I miss that darkroom!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

How would each of the following get on with this course?

Experienced Published Photographer

Keen Amateur

Point and Shoot Exp only

S

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭MistressPandora

slumped wrote: »
    How would each of the following get on with this course?

Experienced Published Photographer

Keen Amateur

Point and Shoot Exp only

I'm slightly confused by this question. It's a course for anyone who wants to build up a photography portfolio to get further and can/will help you get into other colleges for degrees and diplomas (including in the UK). It shouldn't matter how experienced someone is at taking photos because you're going to learn A LOT. I knew next to nothing about film photography when I started and within a month I was developing my own prints.

To try and answer your question though, the keen amateur and the point&shoot experiened would benefit most from this course as the experienced published photographer would (presumably!) already have a portfolio built up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Thanks - what I was wondering is, if someone who has never plugged a digital camera into their computer and does not know anything about photography went on the course, would they be out of their depth.

Sorry for the confusion!

S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

No, they wouldn't. I did this course also and like above poster I must say I didn't get on too well with Joe, but not everyone is always going to agree on everything. But he taught me a lot about printing and I'm very glad I did the course. Also Christine is great for talking to about work and getting ideas etc.

Reccomend it highly.

And I too miss that darkroom haha.

Advertisement