Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aftermarket warranties

Options
  • 29-08-2008 11:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone in Ireland offer aftermarket/extended warranties? I'm looking at buying something a bit special at the moment but I'm not willing to take the risk on something blowing up as the repair costs would put me way over budget. I'd prefer to throw a few quid a month at a warranty for peace of mind, but I'm not aware of anyone that does it here?

adam
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Does anyone in Ireland offer aftermarket/extended warranties? I'm looking at buying something a bit special at the moment but I'm not willing to take the risk on something blowing up as the repair costs would put me way over budget. I'd prefer to throw a few quid a month at a warranty for peace of mind, but I'm not aware of anyone that does it here?

adam

I'm currently researching this product with a view to putting it on the market. For the moment however, I would be looking at fixed period extended warranties for only certain makes and models. Your OP aboev suggests that you might be buying something a bit extravagant... What u buying???

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

adam

In my experience they cover so little they are next to useless. Find out beforehand what exactly is covered.
    Also ask whoever is going to be looking after the car if they would deal with a warranty company. A lot of garages will not, and with good reason.

Heres an example. Faulty swirl valves in an inlet manifold break up and are injested into the engine resulting in total loss. Not covered because the faulty swirl valves are wear and tear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

In my experience they cover so little they are next to useless. Find out beforehand what exactly is covered.
    Also ask whoever is going to be looking after the car if they would deal with a warranty company. A lot of garages will not, and with good reason.

Heres an example. Faulty swirl valves in an inlet manifold break up and are injested into the engine resulting in total loss. Not covered because the faulty swirl valves are wear and tear.

Yeah, its not just about giving a customer a warranty package, as Mr. D says above, a network of reliable and quality focused indy garages are also a key requirement, with a good geographical spread to ensure coverage throughout the country. AFAIK there is no product on the market for you at the moment...

Advertisement