Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help wanted for Postgraduate Research in Wikipedia

Options
  • 29-08-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi.

I am an MSc student in Computing Knowledge Management, Dublin Institute of Technology.

Currently, I am completing my final dissertation. My project is about investigating the usefulness of knowledge visualisation for users of Wikipedia.

As part of this project I have created a tool to parse revision history of Wikipedia articles and create a dynamic visualisation of this using Google motion visualisation API.

I am looking to get some feedback on the usefulness of the tool. Sample visualisations and an online survey are available at
    http://www.comp.dit.ie/dt217/jwang/jw.html

There are two short videos on this page which explain a little more about how the visualisations work.

If you could spare a couple minutes to take a quick look and give some feedback that would much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement