Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 22

Options
  • 29-08-2008 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday, August 29
    Fremantle v Collingwood at Subiaco Oval, 6.40pm AWST

Saturday, August 30
    North Melbourne v Port Adelaide at the MCG, 1.10pm AEST
    Geelong v West Coast at Skilled Stadium, 2.10pm AEST
    Adelaide v Western Bulldogs at AAMI Stadium, 3.10pm ACST Live Setanta Sports 2
    Carlton v Hawthorn at Telstra Dome, 7.10pm AEST
    Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions at the SCG, 7.10pm AEST Live Setanta Sports 2

Sunday, August 31
    Melbourne v Richmond at the MCG, 2.10pm AEST
    Essendon v St Kilda at Telstra Dome, 4.40pm AEST Live Setanta Sports 2

highlights on Monday evening on Setanta 2 at 6.00pm. Also on TG4 wednesday night at 11.00pm. (sickened they're not showing Hawks/Blues shootout with Fev and Buddy.)

Fremantle v Collingwood : Pies
    North Melbourne v Port Adelaide : Roos
    Geelong v West Coast : Cats
    Adelaide v Western Bulldogs : Crows
    Carlton v Hawthorn : Hawks
    Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions : Swans
    Melbourne v Richmond : Tigers
    Essendon v St Kilda : Saints

Well lads, the regular season is coming to a close, and last round of games before the finals. Think most games will go to form, but think the Crows are in a nice run, and should do the business at home to the doggies. Swans are going badly, but the loss for the Lions last week was a right kick in the stones. Hawks to win and Buddy to get his 100. Geelong will just about edge home against the Eagles.

Final 8 of Geelong, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Sydney, St Kilda, Adelaide - predicted 5 of those 8. Earlier season predictions by some of us http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055249225 here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep last week of the regular season -

Fremantle v Collingwood : Pies
    North Melbourne v Port Adelaide : Roos
    Geelong v West Coast : Cats
    Adelaide v Western Bulldogs : Dogs
    Carlton v Hawthorn : Hawks
    Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions : Swans
    Melbourne v Richmond : Tigers
    Essendon v St Kilda : Saints

Just the one different pick for me.

As for the early season predictions, I think we'll overlook my lack of the Hawks and inclusion of the Eagles in the final 8......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

I think a lot of people had predicted the Eagles to be challenging top 8 tho. Moreso because of last seasons good form, and the fact they had played a good few games without Judd and Cousins. This year has been ravaged by injuries and suspensions, so at least a lot of the young players like McNamara, Houlihan, Ebert, etc have got a good few games and should have more experience next year. It'll be a while again before we challenge at the top, but a steady road back should give us plenty more years of barracking them to finals places.

Funny looking at some of the media picks as well. Think this years major bomb was Freo. Lots of journo's predicting their rise to the top 4, but they have lost, I think, 9 games by single digits. They just cant close out games. Its a bad trait to have in a team. And I aint one bit sorry for them! ;)

Tigers did very well this year, and Carltons rise was pretty much expected with a good oung team with high draft picks, and stars like Judd and Fevola.

The Fockers bomb every year though! :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The Fockers bomb every year though! :D

exactly, and yet the media still never learn!:rolleyes:

A whopping 45 possessions for Peter Burgoyne today as Port completely destroyed North Melbourne in a real upset win.

Bastard Fockers beat the Pies last night and they Eagles are as expected getting raped by Geelong.

• Advertisement

Fantastic scenes at the Dome tonight with Buddy bringing up the 100 inside the first quarter. Thousands poured onto the pitch to celebrate and the game was held up for 8 minutes before the crowd eventually went back to their seats.

Fev is having no luck, missing everything. 67-29 to the Hawks at the half.

Amazing stuff! Having not kicked a goal in the first half Fev has now kicked SIX with ten minutes left! The Carlton players are giving him the ball at every opportunity.

Come on Fev!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Fantastic viewing alright! 99....so unlucky. Great achievement by Buddy, but kind of knew he'd do it!

Can someone explain the finals to me? I assumed it was a straight forward 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th etc. But no. Draw is here.

Nevermind, wikipedia knows all as usual!

• Advertisement

I'll stick up a thread on it cause other people might not understand it either. Gimme 5 mins.

why Setanta didnt show this I'll never know. A nothing game in Lions / Swans insttead and Fev nearly kicked the ton too.

Advertisement