Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best parlour to get Japanese style sleeve??

Options
  • 28-08-2008 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hello people!! ive already got a koi fish on my leg but now wana get a sleeve started so any ideas on whos the best??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Warhammer

Hi Rancor
    I have had good reviews on Yakuza Tattoo.
    They are based in waterford.
    I cant seem to find a website for this parlour.
    41 Michael St Waterford Co. Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Roarty-07

ye im also intersted in gettin a japanese sleeve of a koi fish goin up my arm and turning into a dragon and on to my chest in colour its something i want to get done properly and wondering where the best place for this style would be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Hey I'm looking at a Japanese half sleeve, going into Artattoo in Temple Bar next week, will let you know how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

rancour wrote: »
    hello people!! ive already got a koi fish on my leg but now wana get a sleeve started so any ideas on whos the best??

Have you got red hair? And is your name Kim?! If so.... Your da gave me a lift to cabra the other day!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=1889042899&PhotoAlbumId=6309704321&PhotoId=7390433702My sisters fella has two jap sleeves, got them in cork i think, ill ask him tonight and let ye know, ill try post pics aswell if i can convince him to let me.

Stole the pic from his bebo, dont know if it will work or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rancour

nope sorry!!! got black hair and da names benny!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

South Ink in Rathmines! :D

My brother got drunk on holiday and got a brutal geisha on his inner lower arm... wobbly lines, colour outside the lines, the lot :eek:

Eoghan in South Ink not only fixed it for him, but freehanded the most beautiful sleeve around it. The detail is incredible, mountains reflected in water, a stunning bonsai tree... its FAB! He's getting it finished on wednesday, I'll try get a picture to show you.

Eoghan is working on a koi side piece for me too, i'm getting some more added on wednesday too (were having a little brotherly sisterly inkage day out :p ) so I'll put a new picture up of that too.

thought id stick on the tattoo ive got already!!

Well apparently Michele in Dublin Art Tattoo is one of the best in Dublin for Japanese art... I was in yesterday talking about my half sleeve that I'm getting done on Monday. He and I discussed ideas, he made suggestions, I did too, I was kind of hoping he'd be starting that day but he wanted to sketch the whole thing out for me which was kind of cool. And he said he'd probably be freehanding the whole thing anyway. Which is great - its a true original piece of art.

Well apparently Michele in Dublin Art Tattoo is one of the best in Dublin for Japanese art... I was in yesterday talking about my half sleeve that I'm getting done on Monday. He and I discussed ideas, he made suggestions, I did too, I was kind of hoping he'd be starting that day but he wanted to sketch the whole thing out for me which was kind of cool. And he said he'd probably be freehanding the whole thing anyway. Which is great - its a true original piece of art.

wow thanks! just had a look at Michele's work on there site, it looks awesome!!

• Advertisement

It sure is. I had the sleeve lined out on Monday, pretty good experience, Michele took a good while getting the design right, which he freehanded on my arm. The line out was pretty quick, about two hours of needle work, so not too bad. It turned out great, flows very nicely and sits well on my arm. Two or three more sessions left to shade and colour. I'd recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

post some pics kiddo

I'll put some up later. I've only got ones taken on my phone which don't look so great. Its hard to make out what everything is as its only lines, shading and colour will help. Anyway.

Advertisement