Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Astra satellite

Options
  • 28-08-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Sorry if I sound dumb but am at my wits end here. I have a motorhome with a square shaped Kathrein dish. I have attached a box I got as part of a Lidl package. I have found the Hotbird satellite but cannot get Astra. The dish has no LNB so its difficult to judge its direction but I have shifted through compass bearings of 140 degrees to due south, plus an assortment of angles of elevation.
    Any suggestions?
    Many thanks,
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Square it up with the sun roughly between 10:30-11:00, then muck about with the elevation to find it. Should point lower than when you were getting 13E.

If you can find 13E again, might be better to move it gradually eastward and down to try and hit 19E, then 28E (or any other satellites in between).

Have you a beeper/sat finder to help with the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Will try that. I've no beeper/sat finder but by the nature of what I'm doing it would probably be a good idea. That is, I'll always have to re-find it depending on where I park. Any recommendations? My original worry was that the dish could only pick up analogue. As you can probably guess I don't know a whole lot about this satellite stuff!!
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Will you have internet access wherever you park up? If you will, then dishpointer.com could be your best tool. A cheap sat beeper would be a great help too, at least you'd have a good indication of when you have a satellite in line, find out which it is, and then adjust accordingly to find whatever you want. Did you not get one with your Lidl package?

Advertisement