Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 1988 milk bottle

• 28-08-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I found one of those 1988 Dublin milk bottles in the attic.
    Would it be worth anything?
    2550909389_e7fc270697.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

I still have my Italia '90 Premier Dairies milk bottle! Doubt it's worth anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Obelisk29 wrote: »
    I still have my Italia '90 Premier Dairies milk bottle! Doubt it's worth anything though.

I've got one of those too!

You think they'd be worth something if the milk was still in it? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Machine-made bottles after c 1920's are generally worth nothing.Mass-produced machine-made bottles that once held mik and are 20 years old are worth utterly,utterly nothing!
    If there were maybe ten or twenty made and they were distributed as "golden tickets..see willie wonka" then they may have had some rarity value.Is it is they were manufactured in the hundreds of thousands.It'll be a hundred years or more before people will pay for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,086 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I bet some Yank would pay a few bob for it on ebay.
    1988 is like, the last century.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭jos28

Go on Spurious,
    Have a go on e-bay and let us know what you get. If you make a fortune, I will put the one I have up for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

jos28 wrote: »
    Go on Spurious,
    Have a go on e-bay and let us know what you get. If you make a fortune, I will put the one I have up for sale.

With the amount of them in circulation if everyone got ten quid for each one it would pull this country out of the recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Just back from the Graiguenamanagh Book Fair, there are these bottles for sale for a tenner each, 🀣

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Just back from the Graiguenamanagh Book Fair, there are these bottles for sale for a tenner each, ��

Which is a ridiculous price due to the volume around both of the originals and and repros.

Everyone retained at least one (and claimed they'd broken it) and there were thousands of repros in 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

L1011 wrote: »
    Which is a ridiculous price due to the volume around both of the originals and repros.

Everyone retained at least one (and claimed they'd broken it) and there were thousands of repros in 2008

I really did break mine - deliberately - and stuck it in cement on top of a wall to prevent burglars. The bottles were one of the best things to come out of the ridiculous City Council inspired event which was jumping on the 1985 "Cork 800" bandwagon.

YmVlMzlhNDlkZDU2NjcxN2U0OGU4ODVhYjI2ZDRkNDXUADHt4Q2ihYj85pcLHPT8aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWFhODRiOWI3YzlmMDFhMzJhYzljOTg5NGIwN2IyMWZjNWViMGZmOGY1MGNkMjRhMzUyYzFjZjY3MWMwMmJhOS5qcGd8fHx8fHwyMTl4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Advertisement