Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games for mobiles - Reviews

Options
  • 28-08-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Given that if I want to buy a game for my mobile phone, the network sites tend to give very little info on the games, I thought it would be a good idea for a thread which reviewed these games.
    To start the ball rolling:

Hold 'em Poker Masters from Meteor:
    This is a java game, where you play against 4 other players who are controlled by the phone. There are 2 levels, a qualifying level and a masters level. Tp qualify for the masters level, you must first be the last one remaining with money in hand in the qualifying level.

The computerised players tend to have different personalities, as far as I can see, in the way they play (conservative betting etc).
    The only problem with it is that sometimes a computerised player who has no money left can still be shown as being in the game. While this player cannot win any hand, it prevents the program recognising you as the winner of the game. This is not a problem in the master level, where you would know if you have won. If it happens in the qualifying level, though, it stops you from qualifying for the masters level, if you win. Doesnt happen very often though.

Does the program cheat? I dont think so but the computerised player(s) can suspiciously fold very often when I start with a pair or 2 cards of the same suit.

This is a very enjoyable game which gives hours of amusement.

Advertisement