Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamins/Supplements discounted + cheap shipping

Options
  • 28-08-2008 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

I've used iherb a number of times and they are running a special at the moment till the 31st of 99cent overseas shipping. The shipping method has to be USPS which limits the order to $80 and 3lb in weight. But at 99c, put in multiple orders if you exceed those limits.

Also their prices are brilliant all the time.

Beware, you may need to pay duty when it arrives though, but with USPS you have more chance of getting past this than with the couriers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Do you know if they have any product similar to berocca?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yep they are good prices all right, I've ordered stuff off them before.
    Shipping was $55 and then I got hit for €70 customs fee :(
    That was with UPS.
    Had used DHL before that and no customs.

Code for $5 off first order is NOK062
    No minimum amount but only 1 per household allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Tony wrote: »

Haven't a clue. They have loads of multivits. Look whats in berocca and compare to what they have. All their stock have full RDA percentages and ingredients listed so you should find something comparable.

From the site:
    USPS Airmail (Post Office) delivery. This is the preferred shipping option for our customers in Ireland. This option applies to orders valued up to $80.00, and weighing no more than 3 lbs., and delivery time is 5 days, on average. Please note: If you choose airmail delivery, you will not be able to track your order. However, airmail deliveries are very reliable. Also, chances are you will pay no customs import taxes.

Just ordered a load of stuff and each order was $0.99 shipping.
    Love to see the look on the drivers face delivering my order ;)
    but especially liked the fact there will be no duty to pay as it's under $30 per order.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

You can use this code JAS486 to get $5 off your first order.

I seemed to miss this for my first order!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Tony wrote: »

have you ever used Boots owned brand berocca?

Same ingredients.

Significantly cheaper

20in a tube opposed to 15

3 tubes for price of 2

Considerably cheaper than berocca and almost identical product.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    From the site:

Just ordered a load of stuff and each order was $0.99 shipping.
    Love to see the look on the drivers face delivering my order ;)
    but especially liked the fact there will be no duty to pay as it's under $30 per order.

Ah b0ll0cks. Didn't know about that. I made 5 orders and 4 of them were over $30. They've shipped so most likely will get stung. I read up on the revenue site and it turns out an post take a fiver per package too when theres import charges. Looks like I'll have fork out another 50 yoyos. I'll know for the next time.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Very useful info thanks

chump wrote: »
    have you ever used Boots owned brand berocca?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Ah b0ll0cks. Didn't know about that. I made 5 orders and 4 of them were over $30. They've shipped so most likely will get stung. I read up on the revenue site and it turns out an post take a fiver per package too when theres import charges. Looks like I'll have fork out another 50 yoyos. I'll know for the next time.;)

would be grateful if you'd post here if your parcel shows signs of tampering when you receive it;
    every postal delivery i receive has been opened by someone or other and i've reached the end of my tether with it;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭romperstomper

great catch, kudos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

bagels wrote: »
    would be grateful if you'd post here if your parcel shows signs of tampering when you receive it;
    every postal delivery i receive has been opened by someone or other and i've reached the end of my tether with it;

From iHerb?

Anytime I've used them before packages have come through untouched.

Excellent company to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Cheers for this. Just ordered some stuff. Kept it under $30, ordered a second time to get my $5 discount.

Bargain Alerts has my credit card over-used and me broke(cos I like to pay my bills on time:o)

From iHerb?

Anytime I've used them before packages have come through untouched

The company that sends the goods wouldn't open the parcel, it's either Customs or somebody in post office along the way.

bagels wrote: »

1 parcel arrived yesterday and 4 today. Not tampered and postman didn't look for any VAT. Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Did you order on the 28th?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Did you order on the 28th?

I placed 3 orders on the 27th and 2 on the 28th, but all shipped on the 28th. And I live in Dublin.

Must say I was surprised as it very quick delivery for a postal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I got my packages today and am dosed up to the nines on vitamin supplements & homeopathic remedies. :pac::pac: Am also impressed with the swift delivery(unlike amazon.com who I am never ordering from again) Will def be ordering from them again if they do another discounted shipping promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Got mine today, thanks again OP.

If this crops up again someone please reactivate this thread.

My pleasure Bluetonic. I get emails every few weeks with different offers, but its ages since they ran one for cheap international postage. Once you registered, you will get the same email offers.

Advertisement