Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% off all Groceries in Dunnes till Sunday 31st

Options
  • 28-08-2008 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Title says it all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Guessing that's 10% back in clubcard vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

No, actually 10% off, taken from the website:
    25sv694.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for this, didn't know about it til I saw your OP this morning. Off I went to dunnes this morning, got piles of school lunch things for my boys, most of which were on special offer anyway PLUS 10% off. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mother****ers. I spent a fortune in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

anyone know if this includes alcohol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

anyone know if this includes alcohol?

If I'm reading the exclusions correctly on the advert, then alcohol should be 10% off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

connundrum wrote: »
    If I'm reading the exclusions correctly on the advert, then alcohol should be 10% off too.

will this just include wine?

correct me if i am wrong but.....under the new alcohol rules, beers cider etc have to be sold from a seperate counter from your groceries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

bennyob wrote: »
    will this just include wine?

correct me if i am wrong but.....under the new alcohol rules, beers cider etc have to be sold from a seperate counter from your groceries

You are wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Come on Tesco, I want to see you beat Dunnes with a 15% off your receipt offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

It applies to all groceries, so everything except homeware (cups, clothes, plates, cutlery). It's a 10% deduction on each item on the receipt. It impresses me, but I'm probably not discerning and cynical enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

It's a straight deduction so?

Not back on Dunnes vouchers or anything?

Straight, good old-fashioned, 10% money off. Looking at my receipt:
    MR Muscle 2.05
    SAVER DEAL! -0.21

etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's all sounding too good to be true isn't it?

So I'll get 10% off my lunch then?

Yep, I got 10% off mine today! Trust me, i was working on checkouts in Dunnes today, it's 10% deducted off everything "grocery".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

including beer

just got 60 quid worth of beer for 54 euro

party time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Zell

I even got 10% off the cost of my Irish Times, the only thing I bought. Know where I'll be shopping this week-end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

You know if this competition (better late than never :rolleyes:) persists between the likes of Lidl/Aldi/Tescos and Dunnes, then perhaps its a good thing the Celtic Tiger era has finally ended and that the major retailers (i.e. Dunnes and Tescos) realise that the consumer is no longer rolling in money and that we won't be fleeced any more (thats why we started going to Lidl/Aldi in the first place - they must be hurting the "established" retailers at this point!). Although, they still have some way to go until we are paying the same as our european counterparts for groceries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Any good value in beer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This was up against €16 off €110 in Tesco this week and for the next 4 weeks.

Well, it seemed to be very popular in the Dunnes I work at, was a very busy weekend, Christmas-esque proportions, I would say, and we had trouble closing tonight as there were still a lot of people shopping at the time

• Advertisement
Advertisement