Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutual Friends BBC1

Options
  • 28-08-2008 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Anyone catch this?

Seems like it's trying to be a cleverer and perhaps funnier Cold Feet

Enjoyed the 1st episode and will tune in for the 2nd one I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Saw this and was underwhelmed by it. I thought it was a real kitchen sink job and as a result ended up being a disappointing mess of caricatures. The clips of Ep 2 didn't look promising either. Cold Feet clone, yes? Funny, I wasn't convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

It's fine. It's not earth shattering. It's not Life on Mars, but you can see the demographic they're trying to hit. Mickey from Hustle. Yer wan from Spooks and Ashes to Ashes. The chap from the Pimms Ad. The feline looking bird off Coupling...

You can see a mile off that it's trying to be a comedy with 'bittersweet' stuff in there and as anybody will tell you, that's a lot harder to pull off than it seems; it's not working with this and it seems a bit laboured but that's not to say it's not without its charm. I think Alexander Armstrong and Catwoman are good together, but the 'serious' plotline of LawyerBoy and his missus is a bit much and to be honest, I could do without that!

However, any show that features somebody laying a cable in the shoe of a dastardly business partner earns the 'watch the second episode' nod from me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Forgot about this, I had a soft spot for Cold Feet and Life Begins so might give it while next time.

Mike.

Advertisement