Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expansys €10 off when spend over €25

Options
  • 27-08-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Click here.
    Enter your email address.
    You'll get a discount code to your email within a couple of mins.

I've tried it and it worked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Linky no worky.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Worked for me, I have a code. If someone wants it, feel free to PM. First come, first served. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Hi!

Here is your eXpansys discount code:

ZMF2006484

The offer is £10 to put towards an order of £20 or more between now and the 30th September 2008!

To use your code you can:

- Enter it in the Voucher Code field at checkout, or;
    - Call 0161 868 0868 and quote it and the fact you are purchasing via MoDaCo to your sales advisor, or;
    - Email info@expansys.com with your voucher code after placing your order, again stating you are purchasing via MoDaCo.

P

Works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

Is this only for the expansys uk site, or even the .ie website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

I just checked out their site, and noticed that on the .ie site, everything is 5-10% more expensive in Euro than the equivalent GBP on the .co.uk site. So I'd recommend using their .co.uk site, obviously...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Thanks OP. Just got 10UKP off a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Thanks OP

Codes work on either UK or IE site, I was able to get 2 vouchers to the same email address no prob.

Compared the price of 3 x 4GB flash drives and they worked out about 2 euro cheaper on the UK site. approx.€33 vs. €35.

7day shop have 3 X 4GB drives for about €33 also.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

@esel - Working for everyone else, you must be special ;)

As Ruu says . .. if you need a code someone can get you one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Weird - when I click the link in the OP, I get a completely blank tinyurl.com page?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

esel wrote: »
    Weird - when I click the link in the OP, I get a completely blank tinyurl.com page?

Just for you esel!

http://www.modaco.com/content/windows-mobile-news/270354/its-back-the-modaco-expansys-3m-voucher-bonanza/

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump for this as I just used it today.. and it's still working!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH Expansys are a very shoddy company with CS who don't answer e-mails or even have a daemon set-up to acknowledge receipt of mails you send them, took 3 weeks to get a simple refund from them on an order that was immediately cancelled, never again and I have told them I would spread the word.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

TBH Expansys are a very shoddy company with CS who don't answer e-mails or even have a daemon set-up to acknowledge receipt of mails you send them, took 3 weeks to get a simple refund from them on an order that was immediately cancelled, never again and I have told them I would spread the word.

MC

I have to say that I bought a nokia internet tablet off them a year or so ago which promptly broke and had no problem at all getting it replaced. Rang up, was sent an RMA form, got a number, sent it back, they sent me a perfectly working replacement. Perhaps it would have been different if I'd looked for money back, though, companies don't seem to like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Awful experiences with them since 13th December which haven't as of yet been resolved.

Awful company to deal with, in my experience. Buy from them at your own risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Well I can tell you, I made 7 phone calls to their CS line, 4 times getting America because they couldn't be arsed answering in the UK when I did get on I got a snotty woman with a Northern England accent who basically knew exactly what I wanted but kept telling me I hadn't sent them the details needed for the refund even though I had read receipts for them, in the end got on to a french lady who I was able to converse with (have good french) and had the matter sorted in mins but still took until next day for the refund to show up. Just beware, buy from them sure just don't expect any CS.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

They're expensive. I was close to buying an MSI Wind when they were just about the only UK merchant selling it. The forums changed my mind quickly, messing people around, price changes almost daily. Features obscure, still listing the 6 cell battery long after it was established on the forum that it was not the case..

Cause a consumer ruckus on the forums, give it a week or two and the threads mysteriously vanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I've been mucked around by them since early december also.

I ordered Radio as a christmas gift on December 7th which turned out to have been miscategorised in that it did not have several important features which expansys claimed it did (I.e. - Their own discription said it was an internet radio with DAB compatibility. It wasn't. It was just a bloody expensive retro FM radio.)

Christmas being the calm, reflective time that it is, we didn't discover this until Christmas eve, (simply by chance, during the usual pre Christmas gift check) and so rang customer service.

I pointed out the miscategorisation, and said that I understood that there wasn't going to be a replacement before Christmas, (obviously) but I wanted an exchange nonetheless.
    The Customer service guy recommended a replacement Item (which WAS an internet radio, and correctly categorised as such) which he said would be delivered by January 5th.

He said a refund for the original purchase would be processed, and the new item would be charged when dispatched (No effort was made to compensate for their inaccurate and misleading description resulting in Christmas disappointment, mind you...)

By January 9th, nothing had arrived, and the items description page still said 'expected in 5-10 days'.

On January 13th, the description page had changed to "DISCONTINUED", and although we had not been billed for this replacement item, we still had not received a refund for our first purchase, and to date ( not even taking into account that expansys mucked up a teenagers Christmas gift) we are currently without a radio and they still have our cash. This week's emails have so far gone unanswered.

Expansys is most probably fine if you are confident enough in your technical knowledge when purchasing, but for those not so techno-savvy, they are an absolute disaster.

Avoid if at all possible.

The values have been changed slightly but it still works for anyone interested.

You now get a fiver off when you spend over 20 or a tenner off when you spend over 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just wanted to mention that this code generator thingy is still working. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

vibe666 wrote: »
    just wanted to mention that this code generator thingy is still working. :)

but.....

£5 off £20 spend

The offer is £5 to put towards an order of £20 or more between now and the 30th June 2009!

and...

£10 off £40 spend

One voucher can be used for a single order, up to and including the 31st May 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sorry, what's your point?

i used it yesterday to get £10 off an order, i.e. it is still working.

I would have preferred 5% off orders over £40 considering I just spent £500 on an N97, but a tenner is still a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Now it is only £5 off any order over £100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

The bargain factor is being eroded steadily :pac:

Advertisement