Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent housemates

Options
  • 27-08-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

what are the chances of finding decent ppl to move in with in Dublin? Since moving here i've ended up living with an alcoholic, and am now stuck with 2 ppl that can't even flush a loo after themselves. will i ever find decent ppl??
    has anyone else found themselves in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

Hang in there - I know the feelin of being stuck living with someone with complete disregard for others around them lol You'll just have to keep looking ;)

Unfortunately there's more of the weird type out there than there is decent normal people!:rolleyes: Try asking around and see if anyone you know is interested or a friend of a friend or something - there'd be a better chance of them being on the same wavelength as you anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Like the person above me said, try asking around. Perhaps you have friends/workmates who know someone who's got a room to rent. With the way mortgage rates have risen, there's a good chance of that.

Failing that, just keep looking. Do your best to size up your future housemates and go with your gut instinct. Look very closely at the house if you're looking at a new place. Is the bathroom/toilet clean? And the kitchen? The back garden...that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

I will tell you this much, sit down with any potential housemate for a good hour if you can. See if anything at all irritates you about them. If something does manage to bother you a little bit, multiply it by 10 and decide would you like being around that person because its only when you live with people that you see their true colors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

jackal wrote: »
    I will tell you this much, sit down with any potential housemate for a good hour if you can. See if anything at all irritates you about them. If something does manage to bother you a little bit, multiply it by 10 and decide would you like being around that person because its only when you live with people that you see their true colors.

you make a very good point, but, when i was moving in with the 2 ppl i share with now, we met on anumber of occasions as we were looking for a place to live as well as ppl to share with, and on meeting them each time, they seemed like nice ppl who had previously been living with others who they deemed to be untidy, unclean and in general, just not nice, i foolishly thought i'd landed on my feet!!
    all was well with them until about 3weeks into sharing when i realised that THEY were the unclean ones, i mean, you would not believe how filthy these ppl are, on top of that one of them brings home a different randomer every other night and gives them the security codes to the apartment block gates :eek:
    next time i think i'll hold rigorous interviews ala The Apprentice style :D

Advertisement