Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gonna Build a New PC - Opinions Please

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There's a 28" monitor on overclockers for about €370. The antec nine hundred is a pretty good case.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

What version of Vista will you be using? If it's not 64 bit, then you won't be able to use the full 4 GB of RAM, but only 3 GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well I was thinking about 32bit but I'll go with 64bit if there are no compatibility issues. I'll admit I forget what the whole dealio is with 64bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Monitor wise I've decided to opt for a Samsung Syncmaster T200, though there is a TV version with 2 x HDMI, component, scart and VGA for €80 extra.

Ram wise someone mentioned to me that I should perhaps go with OCZ Reaper memory instead of the corsair stuff, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Monitor wise I've decided to opt for a Samsung Syncmaster T200, though there is a TV version with 2 x HDMI, component, scart and VGA for €80 extra.

Ram wise someone mentioned to me that I should perhaps go with OCZ Reaper memory instead of the corsair stuff, what do you think?

I have the T200 series in 22". Tis a grand monitor for the PC/Xbox360.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=347590

No real complaints bar the stand is not very adjustable and the monitor will wobble a bit if you hit of the desk it is on. The monitor stand does the job but it is not fantastic.
    Also the border around the monitor is very reflective and will reflect back light from the screen. It doesn't bother me and I only notice it sometimes when I am in windows, you won't notice it playing games but it is something that prob would drive some people insane.

No exactly show stoppers for me but something to bear in mind.

I also have the OCZ ram you are looking at. Its good ram, it will be just as good as the corsair but it does have the extra bling factor. The heat sinks on it are well over the top but would look pretty good in a case with a window kit.

If anything the oversized heat sinks make ram easier to put in :-)

Either choice in ram will serve you well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement