Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost, BBC1, ITV1, CH4 on free SKY dish box

Options
  • 27-08-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a sky dish box without card for FTA channels.
    since this morning - 101, 103, 104 are not coming on my box.
    I had BBC1, ITV1, CH4 on these.

any one else have this problem on a SKY box without card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

have you tried unplugging the box for a min or 2 ?
    worth a go !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks John for the suggestion
    got back 101, 103
    ch4-104 lost.
    viewing through other channels

not sure what is the problem with ch4
    it is free on SKY EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

ch4 should come back after a few hrs (max 24)

ch4 is still missing on my skybox.
    fyi - i have a sky box without sky card
    ch4 is missing from 104
    i waited for few days but no it did not appear
    i switched the sky box for a night but still no use

any help lads????

it is available on other channels but i need it on sky epg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

As far as im aware, The default epg without card is BBC1 London 101, BBC2 England 102 ITV West Midlands on 103 and no ch4 or ch4+1. You need a uk card to put ch4 on epg even though its fta. Its not on the default epg. If you have another box in the house with a uk card, insert this card to get ch4 on epg, when it appears take card out and return it to other box. Ch4 will stay on epg for a while but it will eventually disappear again, unless its included in default epg at some stage.

I have discovered that some of the old uk light blue cards, ie cards from i think 5 years ago put ch4 up on the epg. So if you can get your hands on one of those try it.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    As far as im aware, The default epg without card is BBC1 London 101, BBC2 England 102 ITV West Midlands on 103 and no ch4 or ch4+1. You need a uk card to put ch4 on epg even though its fta. Its not on the default epg. If you have another box in the house with a uk card, insert this card to get ch4 on epg, when it appears take card out and return it to other box. Ch4 will stay on epg for a while but it will eventually disappear again, unless its included in default epg at some stage.

I have discovered that some of the old uk light blue cards, ie cards from i think 5 years ago put ch4 up on the epg. So if you can get your hands on one of those try it.

yes, you are correct.
    i had a UK card for few days and then removed it back.
    the ch4 stayed there for a day and disappeared again.

is there any way we can default it to UK EPG now without a card?

will resetting the skybox help?

yes, you are correct.
    i had a UK card for few days and then removed it back.
    the ch4 stayed there for a day and disappeared again.

is there any way we can default it to UK EPG now without a card?

will resetting the skybox help?

Saw this piece of info elsewhere. It will only work for a sky box that was used in the uk or in Ireland with a UK card in the past:

"SOME sky boxes don't list channel 4 and five on the EPG without a card. But you CAN get them back:

Just insert a card. ANY card. Yes even a tesco clubcard, or a cardboard business card into the viewing card slot. You might have to insert and remove it a couple of times . Then the EPG will revert to that of the last paired card, including channel 4, five and the regional variations of BBC and ITV.

You will then be able to view channel 4 from the EPG without a sky viewing card. "

If you leave the plastic card in the slot Ch4 is reported to be staying on the epg. I have tried it and it works. It took about 8 times before it worked, but it did..

tried the above steps more than 10 times
    no change
    sometimes the epg goes to Irish with rte1,2 scrambled
    but no ch4

and again after few inserts, uk epg comes back with no ch4 on 104

not sure how did the guy get it working

tried the above steps more than 10 times
    no change
    sometimes the epg goes to Irish with rte1,2 scrambled
    but no ch4

and again after few inserts, uk epg comes back with no ch4 on 104

not sure how did the guy get it working

From what you have said it looks like the last paired card on your sky box was an irish card. therefore this trick will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

givecredit wrote: »
    From what you have said it looks like the last paired card on your sky box was an irish card. therefore this trick will not work.

Sounds correct, or try the sky news red button trick with "Your made up card"

• Advertisement
Advertisement