Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compare autoroutes.fr website with RSA's

Options
  • 26-08-2008 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

http://www.autoroutes.fr/en/motorway-driving.html

This seems a million times better than any rsa site I've come across, simple easily navigated site and clear, and it's in a foreign language to the french.

as the rsa are banging on about fatigue being as dangerous as driving while drunk, note how the french have rest areas every 10 mins on their motorway system.

also carrying a reflective vest for breakdowns and advice for al passengers to get out of a broken down car

also kilometrage is marked on french roads to tell emergency services where a broken dow vehicle is.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

http://www.autoroutes.fr/en/motorway-driving.html

This seems a million times better than any rsa site I've come across, simple easily navigated site and clear, and it's in a foreign language to the french.

as the rsa are banging on about fatigue being as dangerous as driving while drunk, note how the french have rest areas every 10 mins on their motorway system.

also carrying a reflective vest for breakdowns and advice for al passengers to get out of a broken down car

also kilometrage is marked on french roads to tell emergency services where a broken dow vehicle is.

The autoroutes site is a private site hosted by a consortium of the private operators who have contracts for the autoroutes rather than a public org like the RSA.

However I totall agree with their philosophy of Aires (rest areas) which are on dual carriageways as well as motorways. It is so handy to be able to pull off the road, have a quick picnic and attend to calls of nature and pull back on again without any great feeling that you've lost time or had to drive miles out of your way.

Reflective jackets are a good idea though when introduced there was a general air of "yet another government rule" and I'm sure that over here all the muppets would be claiming it was a stealth tax...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

One thing I like about French Motorway is the hard shoulder line.

2 lines is the minumum distance and its easy to use. Always thought it was something we should have copied for our Motorways.

I remember having an argument with someone over driving too close. The argument back was "why would I driver slower". My argument back was that you are driving at the same speed, just a whole two seconds further back.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The RSA website is being relaunched.

www.rotr.ie is in a few languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

parsi wrote: »
    The autoroutes site is a private site hosted by a consortium of the private operators who have contracts for the autoroutes rather than a public org like the RSA.

However I totall agree with their philosophy of Aires (rest areas) which are on dual carriageways as well as motorways. It is so handy to be able to pull off the road, have a quick picnic and attend to calls of nature and pull back on again without any great feeling that you've lost time or had to drive miles out of your way.

Reflective jackets are a good idea though when introduced there was a general air of "yet another government rule" and I'm sure that over here all the muppets would be claiming it was a stealth tax...

yeah there's only 8 different toll companies in this small island... unlike the 17 in France...

hiviz jackets are what 3 euros in lidl?
    make dealers sell cars with one, for a few years, then make them compulsory, or make insurance companies push them, it's a fairly easy solution.

gaps in the yellow line to mark safe distance, would be easy to implement

the fact the rsa are going to launch a new website is an admission their own is a failure.

the rotr are all over the shop, tunnel rules in the motorway section is just the most obvious oddball.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the fact the rsa are going to launch a new website is an admission their own is a failure.

the rotr are all over the shop, tunnel rules in the motorway section is just the most obvious oddball.
    They are a relatively new organisation who have taken over several functions from organisations that weren't doing their job. Give them time.

Its not like tunnels were mentioned at all in the previous Rules of the Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

they could do a lot worse than cut and paste the link above , search and replace left for right and 130 for 120.

Is this their new site

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/home/httpd/docs/RSA/procontent/Home/Home_Page/index.html on line 1
    [\quote]

Advertisement