Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Prisoner: X

Options
  • 26-08-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Virgin1 has confirmed the list of celebrities taking part in factual entertainment series The Prisoner: X.

The programme, in which stars live in the world's harshest prisons, will feature Jack Osbourne, Toby Young, Debra Stephenson and Linford Christie.

Also confirmed are Will Mellor, Joe Pasquale, Donal MacIntyre and Marc Bannerman.

All the celebrities will live as inmates and undergo "a series of intimate, personal journeys".

Linford Christie will visit Belize's Central prison, where guards keep control with a sniper system, while Donal MacIntyre will be sent to Louisiana State Penitentiary, where cells are reserved for those facing the death penalty. Each presenter will apparently spend time with murderers, rapists and armed robbers.

Virgin1's director of programming Daniela Neumann said: "For the first time ever we will genuinely see these celebrities eat, poo, sleep and shower in the most disgusting prisons in the world.

"These are personal and intimate journeys for people who are used to soft cotton sheets, fine wine, gourmet food and toilet paper."

The Prisoner: X airs in the autumn.

I hope some of the so called celebs are keep there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

JP Liz wrote: »
    I hope some of the so called celebs are keep there

Who's going to be the first in with the Gary Glitter / Vietnam prison quip...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So they're putting a load of z-list celebrities in prisons with murders and various psychopaths, and they think it's a good idea?

I weep for humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Monkey tennis

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Okay if there's a death-row - and we get to choose who is going to get lethal injection of the week.

Bugger, here was me thinking that this was the offical title for the long mooted Prisoner remake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's hardly a suprise.

Since when has their ever been celebrities in "celebrity reality TV"?

Advertisement