Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sore fingers

• 26-08-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I've noticed while doing the breast stroke that after a few lengths my fingers start to hurt. I presume I'm not slicing through the water properly, does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Clseeper

Hurt? I cant think of many reasons why your fingers are hurting? Have you just recently started doing it differently? Did this happen before?

THe only thing I can think of is your getting cramps in your fingers from overextending them or tensing them too much. Or is it more like a pins & needles feeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

is it every finger or just all of them except your index?
    if its a pins and needles feeling then it could be a lack of blood circulation.. are your neck/shoulders tense? perhaps a massage would help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DolphinMasters

When you are doing the Breaststroke, are your fingers open or closed? Most swimmers will close their fingers, so it could be that you are tensing them and causing a spasm after a while. Try changing to a different stroke for a few lengths when it happens - like say backstroke - and let the tension fade and then try the breatstroke again. Or you could try alternating Kick with full stroke sets so your hands don't get tired (use a kick board when doing the Breaststroke kick as its easier).

Advertisement