Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in Gaia? Environmental cult?

Options
  • 26-08-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I came across this article when I was researching something completely different.

This idea/moving is even against christianity?!

http://www.usasurvival.org/cultofgaia.html

Anyone care to make a comment?

Gaia supposed to be the the earth god, the brain of the earth. I think in Final Fantasy "Gaia" was used, too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sure you can find cults worshiping anything these days. :D

I Haven't had a chance to read it all but to be honest, that site is just making up crap and claiming it as an attack on American values. Check the rest of the site and they have some amount of rubbish on it. They just want to try and paint their various (and numerous) enemies as villains to try and validate their claims, rather than producing anything that could be even remotely mistaken for evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭buddyonair

I never heard it before but it seems shockingly crazy!?

I was surprised to see Al Gore name on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭buddyonair

this is what wiki is telling about Gaia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_(mythology)

(I hope this is the right Gaia... there seem to be so many :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

buddyonair wrote: »
    I never heard it before but it seems shockingly crazy!?

I was surprised to see Al Gore name on it...
    Well that's the thing. Can you really trust that site? They also claim the UN are actively spreading AIDs around the world, so I would take whatever they say with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Tell me more of this 'salt'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Heh accords pretty well with how I view CT generally; there are people who are co-operating to bring certain ends about (neoliberalism, evironmentalism, Satanic Ritual Abuse, whatever) and when viewed from a long distance with distorted glasses, you say 'amahgahd itsa conspeeracy!!111'

Here's an amusing (?) example of the global elite environmentalist conspiracy:
    Each year the World Economic Forum convenes in Davos, Switzerland. Over a thousand CEOs, prime ministers, finance ministers, and leading academics gather in February to attend meetings and set the economic agendas for the year ahead.

What if a small group of these word leaders were to conclude that the principle risk to the earth comes from the actions of the rich countries? And if the world is to survive, those rich countries would have to sign an agreement reducing their impact on the environment. Will they do it? Will the rich countries agree to reduce their impact on the environment? Will they agree to save the earth?

The group’s conclusion is ‘no.’ The rich countries won’t do it. They won’t change. So, in order to save the planet, the group decides: isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?

Maurice Strong

And from the rest of the article:
    Unfortunately, calling me alarmist or paranoid doesn’t address what I’m saying, it does nothing but calm your fears. The existence of a “global elite” is perfectly real, although the reader is of course welcome to deny it. And a great many of the men --- and it’s all men, folks --- who make up this global elite are on record, again and again, in no uncertain terms, stating that they would like to remove a large portion of the humans currently living on Earth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

apparently these are the people who were responsible for that drivel 'Captain Planet' for that alone they should be taken out and shot.

thats the bit I'd worry about in this conspiracy folks, the active brainwashing of kids with this hippie sho1te.

Anyway I think my sig says what I think about this rubbish
    |
    |
    \/

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Dont knock captain planet. Hes a hero. Hes going to take pollution down to the side of a canal somewhere. Corrupted Captain Planet FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Captain Planet was produced by Ted Turner, who owned Cartoon Network up until 1995 when Time Warner bought it out along with the rest of his media assets. He has said himself that he's a follower of the Gaia cult/religion/philosophy. The programme was prototype environmentalist propaganda that we see all over the mainstream media today.

Of course it's easy to see that it was very effective. A generation of youth (myself included) were that bit more indoctrinated by the hippie Save Mother Earth mentality. People now accept sensationalist, groundless claims from the BBC and the UN without a second thought.

To answer the OP's question, yes there is a Gaia environmentalist cult. There is a strong belief system, held by those on grassroots and top level politics, that nature or the environment should be worshipped above all else essentially. This has strong parallels obviously with Paganism and can indeed be regarded as a form of Neo-Paganism. Many of this mindset think that humans are like parasites and speak most disparagingly of our species. They think that human interaction with - or control of - the Earth/Gaia should be limited to bare minimum.

The United Nations' Agenda 21 calls for concentrated urbanisation and leaving vast areas of land uncultivated and not authorised for human development.

Here's a quote from the high level politicians I was talking about. This is from the NWO/Naturist/One World Government Club of Rome, 1991, in a book called The First Global Revolution:
    In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.

This website does a good job of exposing the "Green Movement" and how it links into globalist bodies such as the UN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

,8,1 wrote: »
    This website does a good job of exposing the "Green Movement" and how it links into globalist bodies such as the UN.

I was just about to post a link to that site. I'm still not finished reading it all but it's an interesting read so far, highly recommended. I'm not a big conspiracy nut or anything but that site gives a substantial amount of direct quotes and links to official websites it appears to have a lot of credibility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement