Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick - Clonmel Commuting

Options
  • 26-08-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

Ok so i got a place in Tipp Inst in Clonmel and i need a route to get there from dooradoyle (limerick (i could get to the main bus station i think)) to clonmel.

i was also considering getting accomodation there but i already have a job here and only 2 days a week in limerick wouldnt be enough

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

N24 - bad road in general in my opinion. Try AA routeplanning, or look it up on google maps/google earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

miralize wrote: »
    Ok so i got a place in Tipp Inst in Clonmel and i need a route to get there from dooradoyle (limerick (i could get to the main bus station i think)) to clonmel.

i was also considering getting accomodation there but i already have a job here and only 2 days a week in limerick wouldnt be enough

N24 is an extremely busy and congested road, lots of trucks to/from Waterford & Rosslare. Would say Clonmel is a good hour away from Limerick at peak times espec. Tipp town is a b***h and there are lots of little villages alonmg the wayu like Oola etc to slow you down. Cahir is kinda bypassed now at least..
    Depends really, am I to take it you are only in Clonmel a few days a week? If so I would imagine it would be possible to commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

yeh i agree although ive had trouble finding an easy transportation method. if anyone could help i'd be grateful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

not sure which way your commuting by public transport or car but there is no rail network going to clonmel.

Bus Eireann operate from limerick to clonmel daily (limerick-waterford)

As for car I do agree the n24 is a relatively poor quality road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

tech2:

Incorrect, there is a railway line through Clonmel with passenger services from Limerick/Limerick Junction/Waterford. However, the infrequent services are not particularly useful (though I have used the service myself once or twice).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Trains operate from Limerick to Clonmel (with a change at Limerick Junction) as follows:

Dep Limerick 0800 1055 1455 1755
    Arr Clonmel 0944 1238 1638 1938

Dep Clonmel 0723 1033 1326 1727
    Arr Limerick 0915 1212 1508 1903

Bus Éireann operate as follows:

Dep Limerick 0830 0930 1130 1230 1430 1615 1730 2030
    Arr Clonmel 0955 1055 1255 1355 1555 1740 1855 2155

Dep Clonmel 0845 0945 1145 1345 1545 1745 1845 2145
    Arr Limerick 1015 1115 1315 1515 1715 1915 2015 2315

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

do you really have to change at the Junction to get from Lim to Clon? Im amazed! I thought that would be a direct service...Limerick to Waterford....

whats the sense in that? One service a shuttle from the Junc to the city and the other from Waterford terminating at the junction.

are you sure you got that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

corktina wrote: »
    do you really have to change at the Junction to get from Lim to Clon? Im amazed! I thought that would be a direct service...Limerick to Waterford....

whats the sense in that? One service a shuttle from the Junc to the city and the other from Waterford terminating at the junction.

are you sure you got that right?

Absolutely, they have been operating like this since 2006. The Limerick/Limerick Junction and Limerick Junction/Waterford are separate services - the train from Waterford arrives first at the split platform, and then the train from Limerick, which then blocks the other train from leaving. Then the train from Limerick returns and the other train then goes back to Waterford.

However, at least one service may operate through to/from Limerick in order to swap units around for maintenance at Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

would the earliest one (9 45) be too late for lectures? i still have no info from the college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

i would imagine so. Lectures usually start a 9 o clock. I guess it depends what course your studying

• Advertisement
Advertisement