Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Iceland

Options
  • 26-08-2008 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hello,

Does anyone know anyone who has moved and found work in Iceland. I have been trying to find job sites but cant. I don't think you need a permit for the first 6 months . Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks

PS

It is a really fantastic place to go on holidays .:):):):) Brilliant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

http://ec.europa.eu/eures/home.jsp?lang=en <--EURES, an european database of jobs through FAS had a good few Icelandic jobs when I looked it up a few weeks ago.

I had relatives who moved but they were head hunted for a job in the NATO base. Found the move easy enough to make though apparently, asked them as was tempted to move there myself.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

More suited to Abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

I am just back from 7 months working there. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I have been travelling there for 8 years and love the place. I had a job there in advance and accomodation, so no problems for me.

A really good site for info www.vinnumalastofnun.is (Directorate of Labour). Look at the Living and working in Iceland section

A small, but useful tip. Get a Kennitala (a personal identification number) quickly when you arrive. You can do almost nothing without one. Impossible to open a bank a/c without one, but takes 1 minute when you have one. Its the most basic form of ID and is used for a huge number of things.

Feel free to PM me if you wish

Advertisement